Going to NYC Sunday for a week: any pinball arcades there?

SilverBallFiend

Dec 18, 2012
Going to NYC next week and wondering if anyone knows of any pinball arcades in the city?

I found a site that shows you were pinballs are around the city (one off machines etc) but wondering if there is a single locale that houses many pinballs.

I will try to check out the Silverball museum in Jersy, but wondering if anything in NYC specifically.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!!

SilverBallFiend

Dec 18, 2012
Oh cool,
Didn't see Satellite lounge!! Thanks!!

Amsterdam and Reciprocal have CRAZY line ups of great pins...I just found those two on the net.

Thanks!! I really apprecaite it!

If anyone knows of any other places please share :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Whoa, just saw Sunshine Laundry's lineup:

The Addams Family
Attack from Mars
Cirqus Voltaire
Family Guy
Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
Medieval Madness
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Theatre of Magic
Twilight Zone

Also, check out Two Bits Retro Arcade:

The Addams Family
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Funhouse
Indiana Jones
Junk Yard
Revenge from Mars
Star Wars Episode 1
Theatre of Magic

...and Upright Coffee:

Monster Bash
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Fifth Estate if you want some old school stuff (plus LOTR):

Future Spa
Lord of the Rings
Paragon
Power Play

Last edited:

SilverBallFiend

Dec 18, 2012
Whoa, just saw Sunshine Laundry's lineup:

The Addams Family
Attack from Mars
Cirqus Voltaire
Family Guy
Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
Medieval Madness
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Theatre of Magic
Twilight Zone

Also, check out Two Bits Retro Arcade:

The Addams Family
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Funhouse
Indiana Jones
Junk Yard
Revenge from Mars
Star Wars Episode 1
Theatre of Magic

...and Upright Coffee:

Monster Bash
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Fifth Estate if you want some old school stuff (plus LOTR):

Future Spa
Lord of the Rings
Paragon
Power Play

Yeah I saw Sunshine and Two Bit!! those two places alone have a great line up of some very good pinballs - pretty crazy!

I marked those two places as "must-go"

Upright coffee - three solid pins. I will see if I can squeeze this into my line up.

Fifth Estate - I will check this out too!!

Looks like you'll want to swing by Bar Great Harry. They have MM, TZ, and LOTR.

I have already played the real pin for MM and LOTR and to be honest, not a huge fan of TZ (I know, i know not possible right?)

Excited. NYC seems to have a bunch of pins littered all over the place. :)

anonymatt

Jan 12, 2013
Upright Coffee also has Indiana Jones and Demolition Man. A block away is a place called Swine that has Funhouse on free play. And $8 beer.

Edit: My bad, was in the neighborhood today. They removed Indy and Demo. And that Funhouse is way messed up. A lot can happen in two weeks.

Last edited:

SilverBallFiend

Dec 18, 2012
Haha yeah upright didnt have those
Just tng, MB, and T2 - all of which were in pristine shape.
So much pinball here!

I was hoping to check out AFM at a place called Barracuda...when I got there they told me it was taken away a week earlier!! Sucks!!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, really appreciate it! :)

Moon Jump

Apr 19, 2012
(Shameless plug) If you check my site in my sig you can see plenty of videos of Silverball in Asbury Park, Two-Bits and the skateshop. I live out on Long Island and the only good places to play pinball are in people's homes, my friend Dave has an amazing collection, but I can't just go down in his basement whenever I feel like it in order to play. The NYC Pinball League guys keep their stuff well up to date. The way they do the pinball league it's like the whole city is the arcade, you just have to know where to go. Sunshine Laundry, Two Bits and Satellite Lounge have games from my friend Allen, AKA the Pinaholic. The guy has a lot of games and he puts them out in a lot of different places. I'm pretty sure he's got his Avengers Hulk LE in Mug's Ale House and he's planning on putting in Metallica when he gets it.

My favorite place out of all of them is Reciprocal Skateboards. The owner Jon is awesome. Anytime something wrong happens to a game, just power it down and go over and tell him whats wrong. He'll do his best to fix it and when it does get fixed he'll give you a game or two on the house. One day when I went I noticed the flippers on his Getaway didn't feel right. I told him if he could check it out and he agreed with me. He spent almost an hour and a half fixing the lower flippers then cleaned it up and we played it all night and it worked better then ever. He recently got in a BEAUTIFUL Medusa that puts the one at Silverball to shame as well as a Cirqus Voltire and No Fear just a few weeks ago. The other thing is ALL of the games are on 50 cent play, when you go to any other place in the city they'll charge 75 cents to a dollar to play. But just to know the best in New York play at the arcades that were all listed so the replays are set really high, otherwise none of the operators would make any money when you got players like Sean "The Storm" Grant playing there.

I'll be visiting Reciprocal again this Saturday and if I feel like making the trip I might go over to visit Two-Bits again to check out their line up. We've got a lot of great places to play and I hope you'll enjoy it! Be sure to tell em' Nick sent ya! If you're there on the 20th I hope to see you there!

Last edited:

SilverBallFiend

Dec 18, 2012
Reciprocal and Two Bits are great!
Talked to a guy who works at Two Bits (at another place with pins that had Star Trek EM, Playboy and Family Guy and he was a cool guy and chatted pinball and told him about a coffee house that had TNG, Monster Basg and T2), and the guy working at reciprocal was also a really cool guy. He was listening to PAPA soon as he opened the store.

I agree the Medusa there is beautiful.
So was Voltaire.

Two Bits has a great Funhouse table and plenty of others.
One thing I noticed is that pins overall are in really great shape in NYC!

Got to play a lot of great pinball in NYC.
I posted a bunch of pics on Instagram.

I didnt have time to hit SilverBall Museum, but I am definitely going to make a trip to Jersey to see it.

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Apr 19, 2012
Jersey has a lot of great places too, YESTERcades, 8 on the Break and Silverball are well worth the trip. If you drove from Canada, you should check out Pinball Wizard's arcade in New Hampshire. It's the 3rd largest arcade in the world and the owner Sara has a great collection of tables. As far as FunSpot goes their also well worth checking out but their pinball has been lacking since they don't have the manpower to fix the machines and when they do the machines don't make the amount of money that the ticket games make that kids dump money into hand over fist.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts