Gonna get a PS4... should I Get TPA?

wolfson

May 24, 2013
danivempire, the PC has 52 tables that are available.on the PS4 there is 28 tables available at the moment.by having the PC you can play the tables that are not available on PS4.that way you don`t have to worry when the tables come out on PS4. :cool:

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
The PS4 version looks great. I've gotten a lot of time to work with it recently (hint,hint), and I really am thrilled with the lighting. But that all depends on your visual taste. I would at least recommend giving it a try.
All right, before your comment the ps4 version made me curious.
Now my curiosity jumped a few level ^^

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
Obviously I don't have a date, but rest assured, we are actually working on it, and we have Pin Wiz's list firmly in hand.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
At least RSchwantner is showing some concern for PS4 owners. However, in the past 11 months, there have been three updates-none of which put any dent in the sound problem. There have been two batches of tables made available to PS4 owners. And there is still no sign of season 2, which was touted as being released "spring 2014."

My posts are frequently dismissed as feeble, repetitive snivelings of "the PS4 version of TPA does not measure up." Well, guess what?
With very few updates, tons of bugs, and table availability rivaling that of the Xbox 360 after nearly a whole year,

The PS4 version of the Pinball Arcade does not measure up!

Having bought a PS4 mainly for TPA (after FarSight's continuing-to-this-day abandonment of the 360 two years ago), and selling it after seeing minimal support for it on FarSight's part, I have no regrets about abandoning the PS4 version and sticking with the PC version.

Last edited:

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Obviously I don't have a date, but rest assured, we are actually working on it, and we have Pin Wiz's list firmly in hand.

This is good news, my faith in TPA is slowly being restored. The proof of the pudding and all that will see if my faith levels ever hit a high though. Here's hoping!

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012

Ooh, don't forget the "plunger doesn't strike the ball if the plunger was pulled back before the ball came to rest" bug, I don't think PW has added that one to his list yet. (The PS3 has it has well. : P)

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I've expressed my anger in other threads about TPA on the PS4. Mainly about the lack of season 2. Nonetheless, the lighting and slightly better physics (ball feels a little heavier and is less likely to have the vacuum effect on the ramps) keeps me playing this version over the PS3, which I still have. Now, I stopped buying the PS3 tables at Champion Pub/Whirlwind because of the, at the time, upcoming PS4.

While I have no intention of getting rid of my PS4, I will say I'm dissapointed that there's not much out there for it which interests me. I've owned the system for almost a year now and I've bought only two physical games. Killzone, which I sold within a week and Tomb Raider, which I'm trudging through. It's just the same old stuff over and over. Another year, another Call of Duty. Even that promising looking Alien: Isolation just ends up turning into another first person shooter.

Maybe I'm just getting older and crankier. Or, maybe I just want my season 2 of TPA. :eek:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Ooh, don't forget the "plunger doesn't strike the ball if the plunger was pulled back before the ball came to rest" bug, I don't think PW has added that one to his list yet. (The PS3 has it has well. : P)

Oh yes, very annoying, especially on TZ.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Hi guys.
So I Got tpa on android and pc...
I'm getting a ps4 by the end of the month and I wonder how it holds up against the pc?
graphics, gameplay and all?

It's really good on pc but playing on a 55inch screen kind of turns me on ^^
And as I Read it has dynamic lighting wich is not on pc... yet...

So? Any though?
If you get the ps4 anyway, why not.
I play on pc in a cabinet and have hooked the other pc to the tv when I feel like couching.
So if it is only the big screen you want you could invest in a long hdmi cable and wireless controller and wait until the realistic lighting comes out for pc.
This is cheaper than buying all tables again.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Yeah, I've given a thought about a long hdmi cable...
the only problem with farsight, is not "if" it's gonna be released... but ... "when...

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

You're supposed to say, "We haven't looked at it in months and aren't even sure when we'll get to it."

C'mon man. ;)

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
Well of course by "working on it" I mean that I am putting all of the other things I am doing on top of the console. It does make a great writing desk. :p

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Black Friday is coming and on top of that the Christmas season (+ Boxing Day sales in Canada), if there's a good deal on PS4s I'll pick one up if there is something worth buying it for (e.g. a fully supported and main-issues-fixed TPA). For now it's the ole PS3/VITA and Steam/PC, but I'd prefer the PS4 lighting/physics experience on my TV.

Anderz

Sep 17, 2014
No, you don't have to buy TPA, you can just sit there and look how pretty your new console is.

Especially if you're lucky to own the Glacier White edition... ;)

But serious, tables are more playable with a PS controller than a freaking keyboard and night-lightning (what I call it) looks so sweet, especially the saucer in AFM. So the tables are a little expensiver than on Steam, but they are worth it. Now, if they only could hurry up and give us the missing tables...

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
No, you don't have to buy TPA, you can just sit there and look how pretty your new console is.

Or you can buy Zen Pinball 2. New tables come out for that one on a regular basis, and with a mere fraction of the glitches TPA has. Oh, and it actually sounds decent too.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Or you can buy Zen Pinball 2. New tables come out for that one on a regular basis, and with a mere fraction of the glitches TPA has. Oh, and it actually sounds decent too.
Why does it have to be one or the other? Heaven or hell death or life, best or worse, hate or love.

Come back to reality, guys. You want the newest console, well you have to expect it takes time before everything irons out. How could you be surprised? First gen games on new consoles won't take advantage of all the consoles potential. All games won't be available the first day. It's gonna take time and that's just something you will have to accept. Some come sooner some come later.

How can you be surprised? Myself, I wont be getting first gen PS4. You can be the guinea pigs. I got every available on android and PS3. Eventually I'll get PS4 and every table. When I feel the time is right, when the system has started to get on a steady pace. I have patience and surely won't waste my energy banging my head against a wall like you all seem to do. Just accept reality and forget your preconceived ideas of how you think it should be, it's just a childish fantasy.

Should you get TPA if you have PS4? OF COURSE! That's what it's for! To be played, not looked at. In time every table will be available, look awesome, sound awesome and play awesome. You want to have the latest stuff, well it has its positives and negatives, just like sticking with ps3 a while longer. But soon enough this whole problem of yours will be forgotten, just get the game and enjoy what you have.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts