Gottlieb Pro Pool

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
I might have an opportunity to purchase a Gottlieb Pro Pool. Pro Pool is the 1-player add-a-ball version of Big Shot. I really enjoyed big shot in TPA, but the add-a-ball version does have some key differences that affect the gameplay. The biggest difference I notice are:

• There is no bonus awarded after draining
  • The drop target banks don't reset after draining unless all the targets are down in that bank
  • There is no right outlane return gate
  • Just above the Eight-Ball hole, there is a single post in the center rather than 2 on the sides

What do you guys think about this version of the game with these differences? Should I still consider acquiring this game if I can get it for a good price?

Here is the link to the ipdb page: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1866

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
I love the challenge of building up as many balls as you can. I lived in Connecticut during the seventies when add-a-ball machines were the only games available. I say if the price is right and the condition is good go for it!!

Gary

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
I've done some more research on this game and I am becoming more inclined to get it. What I found was that a lot of users found it very satisfying to clear a target bank and score the 8 ball, and shoot the "WOW" targets to add to their "balls to play."

Some users on ipdb stated that this version of the game was their favorite just for that reason. Overall, if this game is in decent shape and is available for a decent price, I think I will add this to my collection.

Edan

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts