Gottlieb's Krull Pinball - 1983

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
One of the guys in my pinball league owns Krull. I told Bobby that and his ears perked up, but that's also because the guy owns a Capcom Kingpin, has the only Lochness is existence, and even has Wizard Blocks. I told Bobby I'd try to put him in touch, but I haven't talked to the guy about it yet. Honestly I think Bobby was more excited about Kingpin though.

Hmmmm. I imagine they would want more than just one Capcom, the other being say.....Pinball Magic, to bother with emulation.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I would say the real hang up might be that the deal with Sony was for a set number of tables which is just about fulfilled. I doubt krull even factored into the discussion with highly popular tables already in the shuffle. Unless they negotiated additional rights for more tables.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Would love to see akrull. I brought it up last summer and it wasn't shot down. I got the feeling they were looking into it, or at least It wasn't a definite no-go.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I know you all want to play this table because it is so rare...but it's really not that great.

I played one last summer, and the game went on forever. It is quite slow, not terribly difficult, so you can imagine what would happen if translated to TPA. I'm just sayin', rare does not always = good. Now if they wanted to bring the King Kong game to life, that was a lot of fun to play.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I'm thinking this has a 1/1000 chance of happening. I wouldn't mind it, but there's a lot of pins I prefer over this one.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Would be neat to have a Season of just somewhat rare pinball tables (Krull, King Kong, Big Bang Bar, Algar, Kingpin, Varkon) but doubt that season would sell well and would imagine the costs to obtain those tables would be astronomical.

Very good idea. I'm addition to krull, BBB, King Kong, Algra looks like a wicked table. Amazing artwork and lots to do on the table. Were any produced or was it strictly prototype only?

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Very good idea. I'm addition to krull, BBB, King Kong, Algra looks like a wicked table. Amazing artwork and lots to do on the table. Were any produced or was it strictly prototype only?

I believe Algar and Varkon had a small production run. Capcom's BBB and Kingpin were only prototypes before Capcom closed down the pin division. BBB had the limited 200 pin run later from an independent producer.

I played Algar last year at the Vintage Flipper World event in Michigan. And it is a pretty odd table. I never got the flow of it but recall having fun playing. VFW is in May so will be giving it another go next month - same with BBB.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts