Gottlieb's Krull Pinball - 1983

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
No. I never heard a peep from FarSight about Krull. We know that FarSight obtained their photos of Goin' Nuts (another rare prototype) from Tim Arnold at the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas. I know that Arnold has said he owns one of every Gottlieb ever made however I've never seen his Krull, if he owns one. Perhaps he is referring to every production Gottlieb ever made which would not include Krull. I don't know. Keep in mind that, just because it's not on the game floor at The Pinball Hall of Fame doesn't mean the table isn't in storage. Nonetheless, this pin would need a license from the production company of the film along with permission from anyone that is portrayed on the backglass unless they gave up that right years ago when signing their contracts for the movie. Thus, I don't think we'll ever see it in TPA. :(

Apparently he does, or at least did. I was reading a thread on Pinside about the rarest pin you ever played and a member named hassellcastle posted the following:

Played Tim Arnolds KRULL many years ago at his barn behind his house. That's the only time I've seen or played that title.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-rarest-game-i-ever-played

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
One of the guys in my pinball league owns Krull. I told Bobby that and his ears perked up, but that's also because the guy owns a Capcom Kingpin, has the only Lochness is existence, and even has Wizard Blocks. I told Bobby I'd try to put him in touch, but I haven't talked to the guy about it yet. Honestly I think Bobby was more excited about Kingpin though.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
One of the guys in my pinball league owns Krull. I told Bobby that and his ears perked up, but that's also because the guy owns a Capcom Kingpin, has the only Lochness is existence, and even has Wizard Blocks. I told Bobby I'd try to put him in touch, but I haven't talked to the guy about it yet. Honestly I think Bobby was more excited about Kingpin though.

Krull looks pretty cool and appears that it might play much better than half the Gottliebs we've already gotten. Would be awesome if they could do all of this guy's rare tables but I think Williams would block the release of Wizard Blocks. Sounds like they are being pretty demanding on what Farsight does and are taking a stance against any prototypes and unreleased stuff.

night

May 18, 2012
I always kind of hated the videogame Q*bert. But that pinball table looks very interesting.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Krull looks dope as hell. I'd buy the hell out of it if it were to appear on TPA.

PS. Hell!

Holy cow. He must've been (or still is) in the industry. You don't just fluke upon being able to get those games, even if you have the money.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Holy cow. He must've been (or still is) in the industry. You don't just fluke upon being able to get those games, even if you have the money.

No, he just is a collector of rare and prototype versions of machines. Says many of the machines he has came out of designer's homes. So no doubt he's got connections, but as far as I know, he was never in the industry.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
No, he just is a collector of rare and prototype versions of machines. Says many of the machines he has came out of designer's homes. So no doubt he's got connections, but as far as I know, he was never in the industry.

Does he have a King Kong? :p

BPzeBanshee

Aug 5, 2014
Bumping to add my support for this table. I'm quite fond of the older 80s tables, particularly the Gottlieb ones like Black Hole and Spirit, and thoroughly enjoy the Visual Pinball incarnation of this that got updated last year. A Pinball Arcadeified version of the table would be *amazing*.

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
With the Columbia/Sony deal, this table should be a no-brainer for inclusion in TPA!

Hoping Farsight will consider it for Season 5.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts