Graphics: PS3 vs. PC

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Here is a picture from my PC with the highest game settings available at 1080p.

Here is a direct link: https://db.tt/AeszJdpQ

AeszJdpQ

Last edited:

Gozer

Jun 10, 2013
With RGB limited, I have a strange "white film" on the screen (as if there was too much luminosity) using the PS3. However, the TV display settings are OK (using the calibrating image posted above, on a USB stick, with my Philips blu-ray player on the same HDMI output).

When I choose RGB full, then it's OK on the PS3 with the same calibrating image (same result than the blu-ray player output) and in-game.

I don't know if my TV supports RGB full (need to do this test), but the image is perfect when it's activated (I see the 21 hues from black to white, no merge for the darkest hues). There's for sure some black crush, but as the constrast is far better, all colors seems more "vibrant".

Weird, but it works! :p

It all comes down to looking good to your eyes.

But if your tv isn't setup to accept full rgb or just doesn't accept it at all you're going to lose some detail in darker scenes.

crushed.png

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
I can say that the image of the PS3 shown in this thread is very dark. It may look great in a dimly lit room, but here in my brightly lit office, the image of the PS3 is simply way too dark, which makes the lights pop a bit more. You can't even see where the wall and floor begin. I'm sure this could be reproduced on a PC monitor, but to my eyes the PC with post processing looks better than the PS3. In fact, I like the Xbox 360 version better than the PS3 overall, with the exception of the lighting on some tables.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.