Half Life 3 confirmed? No, it's Portal Pinball!

xray23

Mar 18, 2015
Zen has way too much going on outside the table on either side. Where does the table stop and the outside begin? Like Christian Bale said on the set of Batman, "It's ******* distracting!"

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Again, keep in mind Zen has to keep the tables e10+. Tables like Deadpool and the South Park tables had many swears and other obscene references removed (in fact, Deadpool himself lampshades it in his table).

If the table has to be rated e10 I'm betting the table will be Portal. :)

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Zen has way too much going on outside the table on either side. Where does the table stop and the outside begin? Like Christian Bale said on the set of Batman, "It's ******* distracting!"

Actually, I think that was Terminator Salvation.

Anyway; I think whatever game they picked would be great (well maybe not Left 4 Dead since TWD didn't appeal that well).

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Zen Pinball 2 and Portal

Valve and Zen Studios have revealed the fruits of their recent collaboration, taking one of the most beloved game series of the past decade, Portal, and giving it the pinball treatment! Portal Pinball will be available for Zen Pinball 2 on PS3, PS4 and PS Vita on May 26th, 2015.

Crafted in collaboration with Valve and Zen Studios, Aperture Laboratories is proud to reveal the “Aperture Science Heuristic Portal Pinball Device”, proving that persistent experimentation is not only the hallmark of good science for the benefit of mankind, but also incalculably fun!

Guide Chell and Wheatley through test chambers by navigating portals, using aerial faith plates, defeating turrets and facing other obstacles, and battling against GLaDOS as you attempt to escape the facility and reach the surface. Team up with ATLAS and P-Body for their Cooperative Testing Initiative Multiball and wreak havok on the Turret Factory by discovering Ratman’s hidden mini playfield.

See you on the leaderboards… there will be cake.

16701551484_7569f97650_z.jpg

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hurray for gameplay video, but really wish the two guys would shut the hell up long enough for us to hear some speech from the game!

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
So, in other news, this table is being designed by Thomas Crofts, or "Croftinator".

Im not sure how to feel about this. I mean, judging from the previews I saw, the table looked like a nice, fast, flowing table. But the tables he made prior to this (Guardians of the Galaxy, Droids, Super League Football) are honestly some of the worst tables in the game. Hopefully this table has more modes than identical hurry-ups and has more gimmicks than Guardians. :)

p6800

May 17, 2013
Right, it will come on all platforms.... i was scared for a moment this might be some sony deal, but in hindsight it didn't make any sense for valve...

http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=5217

"Portal pinball will be available on Zen’s pinball platforms the week of May 25th, 2015."

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
So, in other news, this table is being designed by Thomas Crofts, or "Croftinator".

Im not sure how to feel about this. I mean, judging from the previews I saw, the table looked like a nice, fast, flowing table. But the tables he made prior to this (Guardians of the Galaxy, Droids, Super League Football) are honestly some of the worst tables in the game. Hopefully this table has more modes than identical hurry-ups and has more gimmicks than Guardians. :)

I can't say they were the worst of the batch. They were much too easily assessable. X-Men and Avengers were really good tables I thought. I Hope it's nothing like Guardians or Droids though droids wasn't a bad table just too easy.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I can't say they were the worst of the batch. They were much too easily assessable. X-Men and Avengers were really good tables I thought. I Hope it's nothing like Guardians or Droids though droids wasn't a bad table just too easy.

"Too easy"? I'll have you know the table is impossible for me to beat because of the 2nd mission (Navigational Disruption). :(

Members online

Members online