Bug Hall of Fame points are not registering correctly on multiple tables

Maggie

Jan 8, 2015
Well, here are the promised hugs :) HOF point restore button is working again, with some additional help from Safecracker, it put me over 40K HOF points for the first time!

Congrats, Slam! You've been working for that for a long while. WTG.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Thanks Maggie! It took a monster Whitewater marathon at 17B and I already had a 16B Theatre of Magic score waiting to be acknowledged. Almost a 1000 points in all I believe. Where are you at? I see good things happening for you in different table threads, right up at 5.5M for Safecracker I believe? Exactly where I am at at the moment. Too bad we can't see the total HOF point leaderboard. On gamecenter I'm at 3rd place with probably a hacker on spot #2, but a lot of the top players don't use that service.

Maggie

Jan 8, 2015
I'm up over 18k, with plenty of upside...though I dont think you will ever have to worry about a challenge from me! A few places away from cracking the top 50 on Game Center! I still remember when top 100 seemed an impossible dream.

geohoo

May 31, 2013
Hello fellow PA enthusiasts! I hope this thread is still active. In case it matters, I use an iPad II. I continue to have Hall Of Fame points issues. As far as I can tell, the only place to view HoF points relative to other players is in-app and only then when I go to Xeon and toggle to where it shows the hierarchy of players and their HoF points. Could someone tell me if that's right please? My HoF points listed there are something like 3k less than what shows on the "My Tables" readout, indicating they haven't been accumulating relative to other players for a long time. They do show up on Game Center, however. I wrote to PA support awhile back but their answers are vague, though they did say they were having issues with HoF points. Whenever I write to support, they might answer one of my questions to some extent though I ask several, so I'm not so hot on writing to them. I also cannot log into Facebook when I log on to PA, getting a "The operation could not be completed (com.facobook.sdk error 5). Is that error related to HoF points? Thanks from geohoo for any insight.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Hello fellow PA enthusiasts! I hope this thread is still active. In case it matters, I use an iPad II. I continue to have Hall Of Fame points issues. As far as I can tell, the only place to view HoF points relative to other players is in-app and only then when I go to Xeon and toggle to where it shows the hierarchy of players and their HoF points. Could someone tell me if that's right please? My HoF points listed there are something like 3k less than what shows on the "My Tables" readout, indicating they haven't been accumulating relative to other players for a long time. They do show up on Game Center, however. I wrote to PA support awhile back but their answers are vague, though they did say they were having issues with HoF points. Whenever I write to support, they might answer one of my questions to some extent though I ask several, so I'm not so hot on writing to them. I also cannot log into Facebook when I log on to PA, getting a "The operation could not be completed (com.facobook.sdk error 5). Is that error related to HoF points? Thanks from geohoo for any insight.

I have lost a lot of interest in playing this great game, mainly because the tables are not as good as previous releases, but also because of the bugs. Nothing updates well, nor is consistent. Regardless, I still buy each release and play a little. Your troubles are not isolated.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
The in-app HOF leaderboard is not updating for a while now, and not everybody is on Gamecenter. I now have 44.331 HOF points and in-app it still says 37K. I hope Farsight will fix this and they have said a while back that they are looking into their leaderboard system in general because it can be hacked too easily and scores can wind up in the wrong place. I don't recognize the Facebook error, but I don't use Facebook integration because that messed up posting on the leaderboards when the app was just out

geohoo

May 31, 2013
pinballchris & Slam23,

Thank you for replying to my post! Now I don't feel so isolated regarding one of my main hobbies of hanging out with PA. I needed to know if I had done something wrong or my iPad was messed up that has been messing up my account. Regarding Facebook: I don't care about the "sharing my high scores with my friends" because none of my personal friends care about pinball or if they do I just tell them about this hobby. (and I don't use Facebook, though I have an account from when I didn't know I didn't care about Facebook. But I thought if I didn't let let it connect that some aspect of recording high scores might get messed up. So I can stop hitting that button when I log on and it won't really affect anything if I understand you right?

One more question! Is there a ongoing digitalpinballfans.com place or somewhere else where I can read and post about any PA topic, where people post about anything without starting new threads? I'd love to just read and chat about various topics without searching for the right thread where some of the better players hangout, like you two. (I looked up both of you on the downloadable database and see you are some of the best players.) PA's Facebook page doesn't seem to be the place. There, I see so many posts about what games people want, flyers, etc., and I don't like the layout for posting. And if someone asks a question or makes a complaint regarding a specific issue, if PA answers at all, it's like when I write support and i get a vague reply. It would be nice to just pop some comments or questions (Like what's the secret for getting good scores on Star Trek or other games I can't seem to get a handle on? Or, why do none of the last few games on the leaderboards site record that I even have those games though I see those games are posted for other people? Or why does PA seem to make some games so hard after you get a decent score rather than let you just enjoy getting better as you learn the game better without having to grind it out or just give up on the game. I know there are the strategies threads and have read some of them and they have been helpful. But i just wondered if there is a more general but yet interesting section. Anyway, I do appreciate your responses to my original question about HoF points as well as the competition in the tournaments! Sorry that this last paragraph is so off topic for the thread. It was just nice to make contact with fellow players.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Hi Geohoo,
Facebook posting of your scores is not obligatory, that's right. And for another TPA place: I don't know any other. What I like about this forum is the "reader's digest" function that you get by clicking "what's new" at the top of the page. Those are the hot topics so to say. Another thing you can do is click on your profile name to quickly check where you last posted yourself. Just chatting is done in the big bang bar area. Otherwise the forum is quite nicely organized, so I find the things I look for quick enough. And importantly, the atmosphere is good, especially in comparison with the Facebook page.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.