Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Champion Pub

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Something else?

Votes: 17 18.1%

• Total voters

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Holy crap! One of my tips actually helped? Good to hear man. Yeah, with 50 or so seconds, it's definitely possible to get the captive ball in that amount of time, and even if you get it with 15 seconds left, it's fine

Also don't forget to nudge left for a trap from the left in/out lane. To set yourself up for another try at that captive ball. I don't even mess around with the 2 ball restarts

The other beauty of Doing it this way is... (For me) it's a 1/5 shot of getting that captive ball. 2 or 3 out of those 5 tries we'll send the ball to the upper left flipper. With a fairly easy shot. So I figure, if I've tried 10 times, then I deserve to run out of time. That's why I keep saying 50 seconds is perfect for trying this. That's about how long it takes me to get 10 tries in, (if it comes to that). But yeah, this is why any time Goin nut pops up on the mobile tourney, I'm like YES!

Invitro - You play on PC right? I'm curious to know if it's harder/easier than on iOS to do this?

*just 1 more thing - you could even take this a step further, and purposely drain 1 of the balls when you have 2. But you'd have to really be feelin that backhand. It's worth it in the long run

Last edited:

fantsu

Jun 1, 2014
Never even knew about that backhand trick. I have to try it now. I have completed all the goals in this game thou. Also someone considered Firepower to be be drainy and hard. I dont play that one much in PBA because it is so glitchy. Usually when I play it the score wraps around few times and then the game gets stuck in neverending bonus count. The table itself is really easy. Just quickly get that 5x bonus and by that time you have probably locked the balls also. Get the kickback when you need it. Extraballs come naturally by thenselves.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Also don't forget to nudge left for a trap from the left in/out lane. To set yourself up for another try at that captive ball. I don't even mess around with the 2 ball restarts

The other beauty of Doing it this way is... (For me) it's a 1/5 shot of getting that captive ball. 2 or 3 out of those 5 tries we'll send the ball to the upper left flipper. With a fairly easy shot. So I figure, if I've tried 10 times, then I deserve to run out of time. That's why I keep saying 50 seconds is perfect for trying this. That's about how long it takes me to get 10 tries in, (if it comes to that). But yeah, this is why any time Goin nut pops up on the mobile tourney, I'm like YES!

Invitro - You play on PC right? I'm curious to know if it's harder/easier than on iOS to do this?

*just 1 more thing - you could even take this a step further, and purposely drain 1 of the balls when you have 2. But you'd have to really be feelin that backhand. It's worth it in the long run

I play on PC with keyboard. I don't know if I can compare to iOS, but the difficulty and all the other stuff seem exactly as you describe. I do nudge for a trap from the L inlane. I did purposely drain 1 of 2 balls often, if I had a few hundred seconds on the timer... well more often if I had 2 balls, I would just hold one on the L flipper, shoot the other with the R flipper, but not try to save the 2nd from a drain. I did this more to get points faster than for seconds. But it doesn't seem mathematically sound so I didn't always do this. And yes if I missed the captive ball, often I would get a shot at it from the upper flipper. Also not sound: with 3 balls I would play all three and not try to keep one or two trapped. I started to feel like tedium was affecting my chances at a high score more than drainage probability :).

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Not too shabby eh? That 620 timer could've been more cause I drained from trying to take a picture lol. Anyways, the backhand trick works. Just gotta keep in mind to cradle that sumbetch, and take a deep breath. Cause even though the time is running out, there shouldn't be that much pressure. Just make the shot.

Invitro inspired me to see what I could do today. It's hard not to get freaked out when doing good, but it's like I said, you really do have to take a deep breath and get it together

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I play on PC with keyboard. I don't know if I can compare to iOS, but the difficulty and all the other stuff seem exactly as you describe. I do nudge for a trap from the L inlane. I did purposely drain 1 of 2 balls often, if I had a few hundred seconds on the timer... well more often if I had 2 balls, I would just hold one on the L flipper, shoot the other with the R flipper, but not try to save the 2nd from a drain. I did this more to get points faster than for seconds. But it doesn't seem mathematically sound so I didn't always do this. And yes if I missed the captive ball, often I would get a shot at it from the upper flipper. Also not sound: with 3 balls I would play all three and not try to keep one or two trapped. I started to feel like tedium was affecting my chances at a high score more than drainage probability :).

Yeah, I don't know if I have it in me for another long game. I did it exactly how you said when letting the second ball go. The only time I would trap was when one ball came to an easy trap on the left flipper, while the other 2 are up by the Orange/yellow targets. Are they supposed to be orange? But I would only have it trapped til one of the others starts coming back down. So it would only be a second that it was trapped. I'd rather do that than hammer out the green targets, and risk not being ready for the other 2 to come back down. Other than that, lotsa slap saves, and sometimes instead of nudging I'd purposefully aim for a ball that's going down the drain, and riquechete it out. But I'm sure that's nothing new to you :)

invitro

May 4, 2012
Yeah, I don't know if I have it in me for another long game.

the Orange/yellow targets. Are they supposed to be orange?

I'd purposefully aim for a ball that's going down the drain, and riquechete it out.

Congrats!

I'll play it again... in one year. A great thing about TPA now that it has >50 tables, there is always a table I haven't played (seriously) in a year.

The yellow drops are indeed yellow on the real thing. The playfield looks the same to me except the three lights that look red on the real thing, are purple (unlit) or white (lit) on PC, which is probably good as they may not have been as distinguishable otherwise.

image-2.jpg

When I started purposefully hitting balls with other balls in MB, I knew my skill was going up :).

I am curious if the designer (Adolf Seitz Jr., also did Black Hole, I think he was co-owner or son of co-owner of Gottlieb?) put in the flipper gap for the backhand on purpose.

I know people don't like this table, and it's not my big favorite either, but I'm glad FS chose it. I hope they put in another unproduced table someday.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.