Hardwired... To Self Destruct

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Anyone else in on the new Metallica album then?

I'm still listening to it for the first time, and so far it's not disappointed one bit. It's like they said "screw it, let's just go back to making LOUD and FAST songs".

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Well, I was surprised by the new album. :)There are several great tracks on the record, a few have had the potential to went classics, if released in the 80s or 90s.
And, good news, after the bloody mess with "St. Anger", the sound quality is just great.
I bought the special edition with bonus live tracks and cover-version of classics like "When a blind man cries" (Deep Purple).

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Well, I was surprised by the new album. :)There are several great tracks on the record, a few have had the potential to went classics, if released in the 80s or 90s.
And, good news, after the bloody mess with "St. Anger", the sound quality is just great.
I bought the special edition with bonus live tracks and cover-version of classics like "When a blind man cries" (Deep Purple).

Same here. And thanks to Amazon bundling a digital download with the purchase, I don't even have to unwrap the CDs. And thanks to my new car (not a purchase I intended to make last weekend... but these things happen) I don't need CDs any more anyway.

I've been very meh on Metallica since the Black Album, like a lot of fans I think. Nothing since then has really gripped me. Then one day on the radio I heard this song that sounded like Metallica, and at first I thought it was some song from the 80s I'd not heard before. The DJ announced it was their new song, Hardwired, title track of the new album, etc. Got my attention! I really like Atlas Rise though, even though there are riffs in there very reminiscent of Iron Maiden's Rime Of The Ancient Mariner.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
My brother in law he has one and he loves it. If that's all you drive you won't have to fill it up again till spring.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
why dont you baby seal killing bastards take a bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *shock horror* think of the babies in zeta8fi

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
My brother in law he's one and he loves it. If that's all you drive you won't have to fill it up again till spring.

Not quite as good as that, it's not a hybrid! Still better than my old 2000 Malibu. Besides got to make a trip to Newark airport and back next week, so that'll eat up some miles.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
055c2663-b6fa-4f37-94f9-ea299783b570

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Hey,

I'm going to necro the crap out of this thread just to say, I had gotten the album in and listened to it and it's awesome.

I then got a new set of Klipsch speakers (all around), and re-built my home theater and listened to it again.

It's really really good.

Members online

Members online