Has the Stereoscopic 3D PlayStation 3 option been canned? (Announced 8 months ago)

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I confirmed Thursday night at the FarSight booth at the Chicago Pinball Expo that the 3D version is still in the works. When its ready it will be rolled out. It won't need to be part of the super patch. They aren't satisfied with all of it at this time and I get the feeling that they just haven't had time to finish it yet. The guy at the booth was very stoked about the 3D version and it doesn't sound like FarSight has forgotten about it in any way. However he would not speculate on a date. Just said that it will come out when ready.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
No longer will they have to take a hit in frames or resolution to display 3D.

Unfortunately, unless EVERYONE buys a brand new model 3DTV they will still be stuck at 720p@60fps.

Most 3DTVs have HDMI 1.3 or 1.4a, only in HDMI 1.4b was full 60fps 1080p 3D added. So while the PS4 is capable of that (though its not actually enabled in the firmware yet) very very few TVs are.

Its good to hear the 3D version is still coming to PS3 as well as PS4, but I have my doubts as to how well received it will be. Perhaps it being stuck in 720p is an advantage, but I fear the reception its going to get will be "ugh, it has horrible flipper lag" and is probably why they have held off releasing it after the reaction people had to the new lighting patch at 1080p.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Unfortunately, unless EVERYONE buys a brand new model 3DTV they will still be stuck at 720p@60fps.

Most 3DTVs have HDMI 1.3 or 1.4a, only in HDMI 1.4b was full 60fps 1080p 3D added. So while the PS4 is capable of that (though its not actually enabled in the firmware yet) very very few TVs are.

Its good to hear the 3D version is still coming to PS3 as well as PS4, but I have my doubts as to how well received it will be. Perhaps it being stuck in 720p is an advantage, but I fear the reception its going to get will be "ugh, it has horrible flipper lag" and is probably why they have held off releasing it after the reaction people had to the new lighting patch at 1080p.

Well Zen Pinball is 720p only, and it looks phenomenal in 3D. I'm talking PS3 here, not PS4.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Id rather see cabinet view before 3D, how many of you agree? we should start a poll whats a better use of time 3d for the few with 3d tv's or cabinet for the masses who would at least try to lay the screen down and stand over it? or build a cab...the DIY comunity would go nuts and PS3's ant getting any more xpensive now just add 2x system/game link multi monitor and were golden.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
You're talking cab for PS3? Sorry, I'm voting 3D first and I don't even own a capable TV yet. If I was doing a cab, I'd be going PC. I think the people willing to lay their TV flat is a lot fewer than those with 3D.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts