Has TPA Killed Off VP

karl

May 10, 2012
I think the VP community is holding up pretty well. Not as lively as a couple of years ago but the quality is getting better and better. I enjoy about 80% of every release (or re-release) that comes out over there now and there is still a lot of great designers alive and well. To me, TPA has not taken over completely. I enjoy both.

Simpsons, TAF, LOTR, Fish Tales, Red and Ted, Xenon. I can go on and on. I will buy every one of them when/if they are released on TPA. Until then, I will enjoy them on VP and my cabinet. Even when TZ is released. If you want gumballs in the machine, you are not going to get it with TPA.
Here, here. Agree 1000%

Baltimore Jones

Jul 25, 2013
Im not the piracy police, but isn't VP/PinballMAME & Future Pinball illegal unless you own the pinball? For instance, FS is having a heck of a time getting licensing for Addams Family but I can go and download that table for Future Pinball now. Aren't the license holders getting ripped off by our ability to do that?

It's illegal yes. But immoral? No. I don't think that license holders should be able to hold a work of art hostage and make it unavailable to people for the rest of eternity.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Well, it's their property to do as they wish. If you make a pinball table and refuse to let anyone play it, it doesn't give anyone the right to break into your residence so they can play it.

Of course, the real thing with VP is you'll find table authors who go crazy if you try to rip off THEIR tables, yet will happily do the same to others. So they'll go an rip off a license holder's work of art, but hell hath no fury than what you'll suffer if you try to rip off that VP table. That's like saying "I can rip off everyone else's work, but damn you if you try to rip off mine".

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
The black and white of it is that it does indeed break the law. The grey area is that they aren't making money off of it and the license holders are not pursuing legal actions, both the manufacturers and the ancillary license holders.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts