Haunted House & Tee'd Off

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I'm not even sure what this means. TPA sales on the PS4 will pale in comparison to PS3 sales for probably at least a year or two.

I don't know anything about that, I just meant that by releasing the pack this month instead of next month, they get someone like me while I'm still in the market for PS3 software.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
Depends on who you ask. Personally, I really like Wipeout and Lights Camera Action from Gottlieb. These two tables have a lot of gimmicks that really give off that "wow" factor, when you play them in real life.

Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street.

The videos are icing on the cake.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Shadowrider49; said:
Just curious....what is the best Gottlieb table out there?

Anything EM--Gottlieb's stuff ruled back then; once they moved to SS it got pretty iffy.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I can't take any, but I'm waiting for the imminent spoonman rant on the pinkness of Teed Off.

Why? These tables aren't pink. In fact they look great, so obviously our "rants" may have helped, so you are welcome.

I give way more praise to Farsight than I rant, but when something is off I speak up. I'm not a Farsight fanboy cheerleader who thinks everything is just peachy.
Even Jeff and PinWiz speak up when something is off and Farsight is a better company for listening to it's core group of fans.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Anything EM--Gottlieb's stuff ruled back then; once they moved to SS it got pretty iffy.

This.

I like their early SS stuff (Royal Flush, Joker Poker, etc), even into the early 80's (Black Hole, HH, etc.), but they did fall behind Williams/Bally after the EM era.

Last edited:

BigWeather

Jul 1, 2013
Anybody noticing anything odd with the flippers on Haunted House? If I catch just the edge of the bumpers (so, left edge of left bumper, right edge of right bumper) just the primary flippers trigger. I have to squarely hit the bumper for the corresponding secondary flippers (plus primary flipper) to trigger. It's a bit annoying as I typically don't hit the bumpers square in the middle.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
??? There's definitely pink on Tee'd Off.

Yeah, maybe a bit, but it's not as bad as some of the others.

To be honest I have lost interest in playing TPA on the PS3. Many of the tables seem average or rehashes.
I'm hoping the PS4 tables breath some new life into the old tables.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Can anyone play a multiplayer game on Tee'd Off? My wife and I tried a few times but it would never go to player two. Just stayed on player one for all three balls and then at the end it listed player two with a score of zero. It knew that we were trying to play two players.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
This.

I like their early SS stuff (Royal Flush, Joker Poker, etc), even into the early 80's (Black Hole, HH, etc.), but they did fall behind Williams/Bally after the EM era.

The Gottlieb name was sold to multiple companies over the years. Gottlieb in 1990 wasn't the same Gottlieb as in 1980, it was a brand name for Premier Technologies.

Funny enough, because of this, Alvin Gottlieb couldn't use the Gottlieb name in his short-lived company, so he called it Alvin G. and Co., similar to the original name for the original incarnation of Gottlieb, D. Gottlieb and Co.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
??? There's definitely pink on Tee'd Off.

If there is it isn't in a bad way that instantly jumps out and stabs me in the eye like a lot of the earlier tables.

Anybody noticing anything odd with the flippers on Haunted House? If I catch just the edge of the bumpers (so, left edge of left bumper, right edge of right bumper) just the primary flippers trigger. I have to squarely hit the bumper for the corresponding secondary flippers (plus primary flipper) to trigger. It's a bit annoying as I typically don't hit the bumpers square in the middle.

Go into options from the main menu and turn off "upper flipper control" or whatever it's called.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The Gottlieb name was sold to multiple companies over the years. Gottlieb in 1990 wasn't the same Gottlieb as in 1980, it was a brand name for Premier Technologies.

Ah yeah, they were bought by Columbia Pictures in '77, tables ramping up after that happen to coincide with the EM/SS transition period.

BigWeather

Jul 1, 2013
Go into options from the main menu and turn off "upper flipper control" or whatever it's called.

Oh, wow, I never knew that option existed -- does it affect earlier tables too? Would possibly explain some of the difficulty I had with earlier tables and the upper flippers. I wonder why Haunted House made the behavior so obvious if so. Thanks!

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
Ok, so I REALLY hate the music for "Tee'd Off". It almost ruins the game for me. I actually think I hate it more than the "Goin' Nuts" music. Also, the game is nowhere near as good as I thought it would be. Give me NGG any day of the week. This table blows.

However, HH was a nice surprise. I mentioned earlier that I'm not a big fan of BH, or any other 4+ flipper pin tables for that matter, but this one is a real treat to play. The music fits perfectly, and the layout is fantastic!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.