Heading to FL next week

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Yep. You heard that right, I'm heading to Florida next week to visit my grandparents in Jacksonville and head to Disney World in Orlando. If I find any pinball in Jacksonville I'll post a thread about it here. I'm so excited! :D

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
You chose a good time to visit Florida the weather has been real nice lately. Myself I haven't visited Disney in Orlando since the early 1980's but I remember playing Haunted House there like in 1983 or 1984. A good app I just found out about is the Pinfinder Pro Pinball Finder app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pinfinder-pro-pinball-finder/id469805990?mt=8. I have used it and I am pretty sure there are tables in both areas and also it is free on iTunes. I was listening to the Coast to Coast pinball podcast and the host mentioned he went to Disney in California and played a Tron pinball table at the park with the word Disney on the backglass of the machine.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
Me and The Family went to WDW in the late 1990's, and Pleasure Island had an actual arcade. Video and pinball machines pack this one store, on the opposite side of House of Blues. Sadly, when we went back last year, everything was changed all around and it's now called Treasure Island.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Me and The Family went to WDW in the late 1990's, and Pleasure Island had an actual arcade. Video and pinball machines pack this one store, on the opposite side of House of Blues. Sadly, when we went back last year, everything was changed all around and it's now called Treasure Island.

It's still there, it's named "DisneyQuest" and I went there on trip. I focused a lot on those machines, but they were really only Sterns. It sounds like back in the late 90s when it first opened they had five hard-hitters: NBA Fastbreak, No Good Gofers, Cirqus Voltaire, The Addams Family and Party Zone. Wish I could've been there back then! :)

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Was at WDW in November. Saw nothing but some Sterns in varying degrees of playability. Space Mountain's gift shop had about four, Avengers Pro, IJ, POTC and XMen. Also saw some in the Polynesian and Contemporary Hotel's game rooms. Once again, all Sterns but no Metallica or AC/DC. Honestly, WDW is not a great place for quality pinball from what I saw. The Avengers was the best "player" and it felt sooo cheap. I think the Contemporary had a Tron pro but it didn't play well. Can't remember much else pinball stuff which shows that it wasn't too memorable.

We didn't go to Downtown Disney since parts of it were under construction and just didn't seem to have anything worth the extra bus time to get there. We stayed at The Boardwalk and there wasn't a pinball to be found there. Really didn't make sense since that hotel and area was geared towards a nostalgic gaming and entertainment lifestyle.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I remember back in the 80's the contemporary had one of the best arcades,probably in the world. The fiesta fun center. Also had a small movie theater and a shooting gallery. Not sure if it had much for pinball. By '99 it had closed everything but a few rows of video games. I am not sure if they have anything there anymore other than food court seating which took over much of the games.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.