Hey You, With the Face! Step right up and cast your vote for the best Coaster around!

Comet vs. Cyclone vs. Hurricane

• Comet, 1985

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Cyclone, 1988

Votes: 56 69.1%
  • Hurricane, 1991

Votes: 18 22.2%

• Total voters

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Farsight I hope you are watching... GIVE THE PEOPLE CYCLONE!!!!

I don't know if they look at all of these polls and stuff but it would be cool to get Cyclone. I know I have a soft spot for Comet but Cyclone is a really fun table!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
All of what? All of the pinball machines ever made? I don't think there's enough months left in all of our life times for that! :D

I mean the coaster trilogy. If they were to do ALL the machines, they better change the menu system first.

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
I mean the coaster trilogy. If they were to do ALL the machines, they better change the menu system first.

I think they need to reconsider the menu system anyway. In just 8 days (lol, not holding breath :) ) the consoles will have 8 games to scroll through instead of 4...ok, thats not too bad but tell me, what happens a year from now? Do we seriously have to scroll through 24 games to play something? I don't see support going on for a full year even but what if we get lucky and this sucker goes for 4 years of 2 a month DLC? How frustrating to have to grind through 100 games arranged in this format to play.

At least if it goes on that long it pretty much is a lock to have all 3 coaster games on board. Personally I put the odds at even money we get Cyclone by this time next year 98% in 2 years, 5% chance of seeing Comet in 12 months, 50% chance if it runs for 2 years and maybe 10% and 70% for Hurricane.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I voted for Cyclone, but I wanted to show a little love for Hurricane. It has a DMD and that big loopy ramp that just draws people to the table. Plus it has even more toys than Cyclone. I've played Hurricane recently and must admit, I had a blast.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Cyclone. Back when I lived in the mountains, a laundromat had this game and I completely owned the high score table (can't remember what the scores were.)
Comet is obviously well known to be the first "million point shot" game, and it was awesome at the time...

Hurricane, I can't vote on because I've actually never played it.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm bringing this thread back from the dead because I'm so surprised that FS has not made at least one of these three tables by now. I'm starting to think somebody at FarSight has a fear of clowns.
I played a half dozen games on Comet recently (hadn't played it in a very long time) and quite enjoyed myself so I would like to rearrange my ratings of the three.

1) Cyclone (still my favorite of the three)
2) Comet (simple yet so addictive that it inches it's way to #2)
3) Hurricane (fun toys, DMD, and that loopy ramp)

Hope we eventually see them all. But I'm begging FS to consider making at least on of these in the not so distant future.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I voted for Cyclone just because its the only one I'm familiar with. Considering that its currently #32 on IPDB (and wouldn't require a special license) I'm hoping we'll see it in TPA before long.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I gotta go with Cyclone. I have played all 3 at pinball conventions and Cyclone is the one that stood out the most for me. Comet was nice, but I want replay value and that table just wouldn't offer enough for me. I couldn't stand playing Hurricane with the ramp going over the flippers and the rather gimmicky playfield toys.

I've played all three during the first year of each machines release. I loved Comet when it first came out and played a lot of that; however, Cyclone won my heart over Comet because you still had the "Comet" to ride in the Cyclone machine, plus you got to "Ride The Ferris Wheel" in Cyclone.

I agree with Crush3d_Turtle about that dang ramp going over the flippers in Hurricane. The bowling alley I bowl at just got a refurbished Hurricane in their game room and when I saw the ramp going over the flipper, I immediately remembered whey I loved Cyclone more.

I am glad that Cyclone is winning over Hurricane. Cyclone was a classic machine.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.