Request High Resolution Ipad Screenshots Thread

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Do these really look better than on the PlayStation 3??

I am viewing on an iPod Touch, so I can't really judge, but they do look really detailed.

I play on an ipad 4 and yes they do look great, very detailed as in the photos. But I think the PS3 version is still superior do to the lighting. The lighting definitely has a bright room look at all times on iOS. Play neon multiball on iOS and on the PS3 and you will see the difference.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Do these really look better than on the PlayStation 3??

I am viewing on an iPod Touch, so I can't really judge, but they do look really detailed.
These look so much better than PS3. The lighting effects on PS3 aren't awe inspiring or anything, but they are decent I guesss. since the ipad doesn't have any effects, the PS3 would win on that.

The main thing that makes these look better is the COLORS ARE CORRECT. They look like the actual table. Almost every single PS3 table has some weird under-saturation or pink filter that makes them look downright bizarre. Some tables are so bright and washed out, while others are dark and splotchy.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
These look so much better than PS3. The lighting effects on PS3 aren't awe inspiring or anything, but they are decent I guesss. since the ipad doesn't have any effects, the PS3 would win on that.

The main thing that makes these look better is the COLORS ARE CORRECT. They look like the actual table. Almost every single PS3 table has some weird under-saturation or pink filter that makes them look downright bizarre. Some tables are so bright and washed out, while others are dark and splotchy.

Totally agree with what you are saying about the colors. Especially Genie, Taxi and a few others.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Totally agree with what you are saying about the colors. Especially Genie, Taxi and a few others.
I haven't seen Genie yet on PS3. I really like that table and I heard it is eye burning bright so I didn't get it. The PS3 table that looks the best to me is Gorgar.

Except CC colors are not quit right on ipad, yellow skin ect...
Yellow skin, whats that?

Here's a thread that shows the PS3 screenshots so you can compare it to these new ipad screens:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/2504-Muted-colors-lighting-in-some-PS3-tables

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Thank you for the pictures

EXCEPT

You blew them up too big! The details get blurred/pixelated. You should have kept the pictures in retina resolution that the Dr. Dude shot was in...

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I haven't seen Genie yet on PS3. I really like that table and I heard it is eye burning bright so I didn't get it. The PS3 table that looks the best to me is Gorgar.

Yellow skin, whats that?

Here's a thread that shows the PS3 screenshots so you can compare it to these new ipad screens:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/2504-Muted-colors-lighting-in-some-PS3-tables

You're like me. I like the bright, clean, crisp look of iOS. Bright, colorful, high res.. reminds me of Dreamcast graphics. PS3 and Xbox are both too dark for me.

Granted I would love to see some serious lighting effects, that really deliver the lights and flashes of a real table, perhaps on next gen. Cirqus Voiltaire and Medieval Madness have some impressive lighting on 360. I still don't have a PS3 yet, funds are tight. Probably not for at least another 2 weeks.

I really look forward to see what they can do with PS4. I fully expect a lighting slider too, so that we can go from day to night if we chose to.

AFAIC though, Dr. Dude is the best looking table, period, so far on any device. It looks photo-realistic on the newest iPads.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Thank you for the pictures

EXCEPT

You blew them up too big! The details get blurred/pixelated. You should have kept the pictures in retina resolution that the Dr. Dude shot was in...

Your comment is hilarious! I posted exactly what you asked for.

Obviously, I don't know which browser you're using but with most you can right-click and see image details including the resolution. The Dr. Dude screenshot which you like isn't even retina resolution! It was uploaded at 1200x1600. iPad retina display screen resolution is 1536x2048. The screenshots I posted are 1536x2048. I did not "blow them up"! They are direct UNTOUCHED captures from my iPad's retina display.

You can follow this link to confirm. Skip to the "Display" section where you'll see that the retina display's resolution is listed as 2048x1536.
http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
The screenshots I posted are 1536x2048. I did not "blow them up"! They are direct UNTOUCHED captures from my iPad's retina display.
The browswer scales the screenshots down as well. And I just noticed that my TOTAN screenshot on the first page is NOT full resolution 1536x2048 and was likely scaled down upon uploading it to Photobucket. :(

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
The browswer scales the screenshots down as well. And I just noticed that my TOTAN screenshot on the first page is NOT full resolution 1536x2048 and was likely scaled down upon uploading it to Photobucket. :(

I also tried uploading my screenshots to photobucket but couldn't get them to display at full resolution. I ended up using imageshack to get the full resolution shots.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Thanks for the additional image hosting ideas. I checked out sotie's images and where they were linked to (ImageShack) and created an account there. I've used PhotoBucket for such a long time and never bothered researching other image hosting until I found out about the down-scaling by posting here in this forum.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Your comment is hilarious! I posted exactly what you asked for.

Obviously, I don't know which browser you're using but with most you can right-click and see image details including the resolution. The Dr. Dude screenshot which you like isn't even retina resolution! It was uploaded at 1200x1600. iPad retina display screen resolution is 1536x2048. The screenshots I posted are 1536x2048. I did not "blow them up"! They are direct UNTOUCHED captures from my iPad's retina display.

You can follow this link to confirm. Skip to the "Display" section where you'll see that the retina display's resolution is listed as 2048x1536.
http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

Ooops. Idk man, all I know is the DD screen doesn't look pixelated/blurry on my screen. Using Firefox + Desktop :/.

It's all good I appreciate the uploads though!

N

netizen

imageshack limits the number of images, or maybe it's the total size of all the images can't remember which, you can store. just something to be aware of.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
img0699u.png

img0701.png

N

netizen

wow those angles are so much more open on iPad then on Android.

Here's what camera angle 1 in Space Shuttle looks like on a Nexus 10.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.