High Speed Screenshots

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
HS is a good example of " man vs. machine", but I still think F-14 is the best example.

There's a reason the marketing slogan was "It's fast, it's furious, and it fights back!"
I can't argue with you at all there. Especially for your namesake's kicker! Played an F-14 for the first time in Texas (a HUO, believe it or not) and it was BRUTAL.

If you haven't seen it, look up the PAPA 14 (I think?) finals game with F-14 in it. It's ridiculous how crazy that game is and how well Massenkoff masters it (relatively speaking).

I'd love to own one, but I don't think I could own it and HS at the same time. And I couldn't see it being a keeper, while with HS I can.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I can't argue with you at all there. Especially for your namesake's kicker! Played an F-14 for the first time in Texas (a HUO, believe it or not) and it was BRUTAL.

If you haven't seen it, look up the PAPA 14 (I think?) finals game with F-14 in it. It's ridiculous how crazy that game is and how well Massenkoff masters it (relatively speaking).

I'd love to own one, but I don't think I could own it and HS at the same time. And I couldn't see it being a keeper, while with HS I can.

Speaking of F-14, this needs to come into TPA during Season 4. I don't think this will be as heavy as a license to get.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Possibly not, but I think there is a snag with the F-14 license. Not all gravy, I don't think. And sadly, I don't think the appeal is there across Farsight's customer base for it.

I'd love to see it, though. With the possible addition of ball trails so you have some hope of seeing where the ball is ;)

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I've done fairly well on f-14 tomcat myself.

Yeah, if you are silly enough to hit the kickback relight targets dead center, then you deserve the center drain. :)

This game is fairly rollable in tournament conditions with a bit of practice. in fact, in some league finals i was present for, two players BOTH rolled it. And i'm confident i could roll it in TPA multiple times with extra balls on, unless it were tuned to the point of can't make any shots.

Those center kill standups are the only real dangerous important shots, and you can hit them with the right technique.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I agree that software settings can significantly increase the difficulty. if you open up the right outlane, have the kickback start off, and set locks to hard, yeah. it's pretty nasty.

But i can tell i will be able to absolutely manhandle f-14 game under TPA conditions. I'm not so sure about high speed.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I've heard so much about this table, and although the pictures and video look great, the table looks pretty boring.

I've never played it, so we'll see how it goes. After watching videos of Part I & II, I'd say "The Getaway" looks much, much better, and a lot more fun.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I've heard so much about this table, and although the pictures and video look great, the table looks pretty boring.

I've never played it, so we'll see how it goes. After watching videos of Part I & II, I'd say "The Getaway" looks much, much better, and a lot more fun.
On looks alone, I'd completely agree with you. But in person, High Speed plays a LOT faster than it's younger brother.

If FS have done their job properly (and I suspect they have, going by their stream a few days ago) it'll play a lot better than it looks :)

Feb 19, 2014
Not sure if I'm a fan of the new lighting.

It just appears darker. I liked the brightness of the mobile version, and feel this will be out of place.

But it's whatever, not my main way of playing the game anymore so it's all good.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Not sure if I'm a fan of the new lighting.

It just appears darker. I liked the brightness of the mobile version, and feel this will be out of place.

But it's whatever, not my main way of playing the game anymore so it's all good.

Well, at least the PS4 and PC (eventually) will have the 3 lighting settings to choose from.

N

netizen

I really like the "GI" on/off alpha trick that FS started using with High Speed.

It would be interesting to see if there were anymore code optimizations that could be implemented somewhere down the road to do something like this on mobile in a year or so. I know it is a bit of wishful thinking, but we have to ask sometimes.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
High Speed Heaven at The Midwest Gaming Classic. 3 original High Speeds and 1 The Getaway.

The High Speeds don't play anywhere near as fast as TPA version. Not sure if its just due to wear and tear or the angle is not as steep but they're all pretty slow playing. Even the other one I played off site was kinda slow playing. I like the TPA version better.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
High Speed Heaven at The Midwest Gaming Classic. 3 original High Speeds and 1 The Getaway.

The High Speeds don't play anywhere near as fast as TPA version. Not sure if its just due to wear and tear or the angle is not as steep but they're all pretty slow playing. Even the other one I played off site was kinda slow playing. I like the TPA version better.
Photos!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts