How do you play your multiballs?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Bat bat bat bat bat.

Which has variable results, but it's frenetic and exciting.

This is, in my opinion, the reason multiball was added into pinball. For excitement.

Or if you like: "we're here for a good time, not a long time".

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I think juggling is way more fun, so I never cradle.

But cradling is pretty much mandatory in certain multiball games like pretty much every Pat Lawlor design, CTFBL, White Water, etc. Brian Eddy/Lyman Sheats type tables are all about just going nuts, at least while the overly long ball saver is running. I find controlled, strategic multiballs much more interesting than those frantic ones. Like when you only have two balls instead of like 4 or 5.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
But cradling is pretty much mandatory in certain multiball games like pretty much every Pat Lawlor design, CTFBL, White Water, etc. Brian Eddy/Lyman Sheats type tables are all about just going nuts, at least while the overly long ball saver is running. I find controlled, strategic multiballs much more interesting than those frantic ones. Like when you only have two balls instead of like 4 or 5.
Contrary to my expectation, I've found I've had better luck in TZ's main multiball by playing billiards with the balls and caroming them off each other into the Camera and the Piano rather than trying to trap up, at least while all three balls are still in play. So it's not quite controlled, but it's not a purposeless flail-fest, either.

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
I usualy just hammer away at whatever is the closest to the flippers, unless it's a wizard mode, then I take careful aim, like in Join the Cirqus, and the subsequent Party Multiball. Other times I flail wildly, such as in Powerball Mania, when I have at least one ball up in the Powerfield.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I will sometimes cradle a lone ball to get better aim on a target, but I really don't see how people can hold three balls on the left flipper, then lightly tap the flipper so that the ball gets transferred to the right, where it's then shot up a ramp or something before it returns to the left again. That type of control is beyond me. If I try to cradle any ball during a multiball event, it just creates a wide open gap for the other balls to drain out. :p

When I've got one ball in play, I aim it at targets, ramps, etc. When I get multiball, I focus solely on the areas between the flippers and just knock em back up every time they fall. If I concentrate on hitting a target, I'll end up losing my other balls. Usually, the balls will eventually collide in mid-table and I'll lose a few to the outlanes. Bride of Pinbot is the only table where I've successfully cradled one ball while shooting another, and only because I've become a pro at hitting the shuttle ramp. Billion bonus really felt like my crowning achievement, especially since the game forces you to keep both balls in play the entire time or the bride loses her metamorphosis.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
If I try to cradle any ball during a multiball event, it just creates a wide open gap for the other balls to drain out. :p

The more balls that are cradled, the fewer balls are moving towards the gap!

It's hard to do, but when you see a ball approaching the wide gap, you drop the cradling flipper to save the incoming ball. Usually, the saved ball will bounce against the cradled ball and prevent the cradled ball from rolling towards the gap. Now you have two balls cradled!

Of course, that's on a good day. Most days, all the balls go SDTM. Shortest. Multiball. Ever.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
(I try to) Cradle and make controlled shots. Except for LITZ ;)

Anyway, I can't play two ball multiballs well if you point a gun to my head. I really suck so bad at them, for no particular reason. One of the few reasons I bought Taxi and Bride... On Taxi, the multiball isn't really that important for scoring, so i didn't really care. But it took me 6(!) weeks on Bride to get the big wheel spinning for the first time :(

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Depends on the table. If it's something like CFTBL or Dr. Dude then i absolutely positively need to cradle. if not then i just let it loose and whack away

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts