How far behind wil we get?

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Okay I thought you were talking about the PS4. I misread. My apologies. I definitely believe it for the PS3. The PS3 was extremely capable and didn't use a lot of it's capabilities.

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
This is a common practice to improve die yields. If a cpu comes out with a defective core, the processor has excess cores disabled and is binned as a lower tier product.

The PS4 has 20 GCN Compute Units on the die, but the system only uses 18 of them. That way, if a die comes off the wafer with 2 bad CUs, it can still be used rather than throwing it in the trash.

The new systems also reserve some CPU cores for OS/system level stuff. I think the xbone reserves two cores for multitasking. Not sure about the PS4, but it would have at least one reserved to manage OS stuff along, probably two of them also.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Jesus we are like a season and a half behind and there's no concrete evidence of actual release dates for anything. This just plain rocks! :p
--------------------
At the beginning of this season I remember FS saying that they only plan on giving out 10 or so tables this season. Excluding surprises & kickstarters of course.

sunshine

Oct 6, 2014
Does anyone know when the new season bundles will be released for the PS4? I am not interested in paying $4.99 for each individual table.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
If the ps4 has a less expensive shorter approval period than previous gen consoles, why does the ps3 get new updates so much sooner?

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Because it takes so long to implemt the light show which will hopefully be faster if fs has to do this for pc and xbone too, not just ps4 exclusive.
I based this on absolutely nothing.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Because it takes so long to implemt the light show which will hopefully be faster if fs has to do this for pc and xbone too, not just ps4 exclusive.
I based this on absolutely nothing.

I very sure that this "feature" you speak of is definitely not exclusive to PS4. I'm sure Xbox One will have the same thing. It's not a feature really. Just part of the standard. PC is getting this as well. No need to fret!

---stone---

Dec 23, 2013
Any new tables before the end of the year?

I really hope to the PS4 gets Season 2 before Christmas, but that depends on M$ and TPA on Xbox One (and Xbox 360) doing something before the end of November with the one month "exclusivity". I think that's right on that. None the less its some straight up Bull**** Its taken a year (will be longer with Sony/PSN approval process) to get Season 2 on the PS4. PS4 sound issues, bug fixins, megaultrawhateverpatch is no where to be found either.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
I really hope to the PS4 gets Season 2 before Christmas, but that depends on M$ and TPA on Xbox One (and Xbox 360) doing something before the end of November with the one month "exclusivity". I think that's right on that. None the less its some straight up Bull**** Its taken a year (will be longer with Sony/PSN approval process) to get Season 2 on the PS4. PS4 sound issues, bug fixins, megaultrawhateverpatch is no where to be found either.

Seeing what they're doing with current tables on PS4, I think season 2 dropping on the PS4 a month after the Xbox One is a pipe dream that the community really needs to wise up to.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yesterday on their FB:

Steven Kirkland - When will more tables be available for the ps4? I am so excited to download them

The Pinball Arcade - very, very soon... we just finished submitting the proper materials to the store and hope to have them available shortly.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.