How possible would it be for TPA to make CAPCOM's "Pinball Magic"

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
But Pinball Magic is a pretty fun table - even from the get go with the "hat trick" skill shot. Breakshot is also a lot of fun. Simple layout, and the rules are not deep, but the gameplay make it one to go back to, particularly if you're just looking to unwind a bit. Although the voice overs may be a bit risqué to pass muster. And of course Big Bang Bar is needed.

Got three worth it tables right there.

I forgot about Big Bang Bar. Absolutely they need to do that table!!! So, why not the other two as well?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
FarSight really wants to do Big Bang Bar. I believe Gary Cunningham has asked them to do it too (he owns the license for it now, not sure about other Capcom. He also owns Wizard Blocks). So if FS was to do a Capcom game, BBB would be first on the list. I was told there are two issues. One being the theme being very adult (it is), and the other being it would probably be too much for older systems to run. Don't know what makes it any different from a Stern of that era, but there ya go.

I imagine the one other issue with BBB...there are so few of them! Apart from the prototypes, there were 200 (?) made and sold to collectors. I actually get to play on one of these maybe twice a year as it is in one of our league player's houses that we play at. One of the other guys owns an original prototype, but he doesn't have it in his public arcade. Strange too, since most of the 25+ machines he has out are all prototype versions. I did get to play a Pinball Magic last year, and found it really fun. Yeah, that skill shot is the bomb.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Love the skill shot and the levitating ball toy. As far a BBB I realize that it's VERY adult and thus require it to be either done as a pinball after dark, put a bikini top on the topless dancer or release it as a separate table (probably the easiest option). I would imagine that FS could find someone to either loan them the table or "rent" it to them. Personally if I had one, as long as they transported it I would certainly let them borrow it for the required amount of time simply because I'm a big supporter of what they do. I realize not everyone is like me however but even if they had to cough up some cash to lease one for a few months, it would be a hell of a lot cheaper then buying one (if they could find someone willing to sell). Anyway, thanks for the info SYT

unkpa

Jan 24, 2015
I like the Pinball Magic table because, for better or worse (way better in my opinion), it forces you linearly through a long sequence of easy to see and hear, and normal to very hard to make skill hots. One can't just round-robin all over the table and rack up big scores. When you get through the first set of skill shots, they begin again, but with even more difficulty. It's all about skill and patience. You fail, you have to start all over again, just like early video arcade games.

Plus PM has some very cool toys, like the wand drop, you time the ball as it rolls upside down on the wand to drop in a specific hole. And the sound and music isn't too terribly monotonous like many tables. Also it has excellent voices, plus those fading lights. I'd pay double/triple for this table on the arcade. I think I'd might like to buy the real one too.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Super nice description unkpa. And welcome to the forum. You've obviously played this a bunch more than I have. Better than Theatre of Magic? Might be

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Love the skill shot and the levitating ball toy. As far a BBB I realize that it's VERY adult and thus require it to be either done as a pinball after dark, put a bikini top on the topless dancer or release it as a separate table (probably the easiest option). I would imagine that FS could find someone to either loan them the table or "rent" it to them. Personally if I had one, as long as they transported it I would certainly let them borrow it for the required amount of time simply because I'm a big supporter of what they do. I realize not everyone is like me however but even if they had to cough up some cash to lease one for a few months, it would be a hell of a lot cheaper then buying one (if they could find someone willing to sell). Anyway, thanks for the info SYT

Should FarSight do BBB, I hope they don't water it down. Zen Pinball (and PFX2) had to do that with their South Park tables to keep the rating. The results were the tables were pretty good and added some graphic variety to their game, but kept very little of the humor that makes SP what it is, nearly defeating the purpose of having a South Park license in the first place.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Well Bobby stated in the summer BlahCades that he expects a couple of Capcom tables by the end of season six. Kingpin looks great, obviously BBB has fans, and Pinball Magic is one of those pretty highly rated tables that wouldn't seemingly have an extensive license.

Also didn't someone one say the rating system can be applied per table? So that is what happened with Starship Troopers?

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Just played this the other day on my trip to Nashville. They have a pretty good one at the Rivergate Mall Game Galaxy Arcade. The table I played was pretty difficult but I kept at it knowing how rare it was. Never really improved. Cool table but I prefer Theater of Magic, heh. I think I would prefer Breakshot. I love that game, such a neat take on the early SS tables.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Should FarSight do BBB, I hope they don't water it down. Zen Pinball (and PFX2) had to do that with their South Park tables to keep the rating. The results were the tables were pretty good and added some graphic variety to their game, but kept very little of the humor that makes SP what it is, nearly defeating the purpose of having a South Park license in the first place.

Yep, gotta protect those sensitive kiddie ears! :)

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I really liked Zen's South Park table, the Butters one not so much. Certainly better than Segas. The lack of expletives does seem weird considering that they really defined the image of the show, but the sound bytes made me laugh anyway. Just goes to show you that South Park is more than f-words.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.