I feel cheated, Free version doesn't get updated at the same time? Unbelievable!!!!

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
The Updates for the Trial Version and the Full Version were submitted at the same time on the same day. Apple only expedited the Full Paid Version of Pinball Arcade due to the fact that the game will be featured in the AppStore as App of the Week. The Free version was not expedited and will be available later this week or next, depending on when Apple is finished with the review process. We try to get the Updates out to the public as quickly and efficiently as possible, but we are limited by the publishers and their terms.

Thank you for the reply. Is there any way for people who purchased all the tables within the free version able to download the other and have their purchased tables transfered over?

Pinball Arcade

FarSight Employee
Jun 11, 2012
Unfortunately, no. The Free version and Paid version are not compatible because of how the AppStore is set up. There's no way to apply purchases from one version to the other. The only options are to buy everything in the Paid Version and request a refund from Apple; or wait until the Free Version is updated.

Vercingetorix

Mar 12, 2012
This is ones of those things about the App Store that drives you nuts.

However, if the original poster has owned his iPad longer than about a week he should have figured out how it works. Both the part that you shouldn't buy DLC in a free version of any app, and the part where his frustration is due more to Apple's store policies than to any failure on the part of the developer.

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
This is ones of those things about the App Store that drives you nuts.

However, if the original poster has owned his iPad longer than about a week he should have figured out how it works. Both the part that you shouldn't buy DLC in a free version of any app, and the part where his frustration is due more to Apple's store policies than to any failure on the part of the developer.

Thanks for the love, yes I am stupid for not figuring out how the ipad works before downloading. *facepalm*

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
Unfortunately, no. The Free version and Paid version are not compatible because of how the AppStore is set up. There's no way to apply purchases from one version to the other. The only options are to buy everything in the Paid Version and request a refund from Apple; or wait until the Free Version is updated.

If apple will allow it, then I will go ahead and do that. I already sent them a message and see how they respond.Thank you for the reply's. I apologize for getting so upset in the first post as it wasn't your fault one got delayed.

Pinball Arcade

FarSight Employee
Jun 11, 2012
You're welcome. No need to apologize, I sincerely understand the frustration. I too am an iPhone & iPad user and I understand. By the way, to those who want to know, My name is Jake. I've requested to begin truly monitoring the iOS forums from now on. So I will do my best to follow all the treads and answer questions to the best of my abilities. If I cannot answer a question, I will find out what the answer is. Please keep in mind I am working on many other things so I will respond and check back on here as frequently as possible. Thanks again for all your support,
-Jake

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
You're welcome. No need to apologize, I sincerely understand the frustration. I too am an iPhone & iPad user and I understand. By the way, to those who want to know, My name is Jake. I've requested to begin truly monitoring the iOS forums from now on. So I will do my best to follow all the treads and answer questions to the best of my abilities. If I cannot answer a question, I will find out what the answer is. Please keep in mind I am working on many other things so I will respond and check back on here as frequently as possible. Thanks again for all your support,
-Jake

Thanks Jake...glad to have you on the forum. :)

Pinball Arcade

FarSight Employee
Jun 11, 2012
Happy to be here.. I've been following all forums from a distance for awhile and only recently grasped the go ahead to try and help out. I will check in with you all tomorrow.

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
-Jake

Thank you very much :) Happy to be a part be a part of this forum and supporting this great game. I can't wait for Star Trek The Next Generation as I know kickstart will be succesful on that one as it was for Twilight Zone.

emb531

Mar 22, 2012
-Jake

Can the flipper gap on MM PLEASE be fixed? And the outlanes on CV be set somewhere between the original version and the current version?

Vercingetorix

Mar 12, 2012
Thanks for the love, yes I am stupid for not figuring out how the ipad works before downloading. *facepalm*

If you've owned your iPad for any time at all, you know that each app is its own little box, and that the developer has no control over that; you know they can't just "copy over the database." You know that there are free apps that are trial versions and paid apps that are the real versions. Right? So why shriek at Farsight about it?

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
If you've owned your iPad for any time at all, you know that each app is its own little box, and that the developer has no control over that; you know they can't just "copy over the database." You know that there are free apps that are trial versions and paid apps that are the real versions. Right? So why shriek at Farsight about it?

Farsight can ask apple to give them a list of the paid users database for the free version and ask the people running the appstore to place all of them in the 99 cent version. Make the option to buy a table in the free version a link which takes you to the 99 cent version as all the other apps in the appstore with two versions does. There is no reason to allow people with the free version and having bought all the tables to be stuck with that version when the other version also exists and is approved to be updated first. If both apps would get approved at the same time, then this wouldn't be a problem, however as we now know, Farsight is at the mercy of the appstore employees. To eliminate the middleman and this type of problem in the future, Farsight can remove being able to update tables within the free version and force you to move into buying the 99 cent vsion via a link. The hard part is asking apple appstore employees to transfer those who bought tables within the free version into the other version and then in a new update simply stop people from being able to buy using the free version. I think this is possible as it is a programming issue and one that they can do since all the users who bought are in a database.

starck

Jun 7, 2012
Free version is updated; confused how we made the jump from v1.1.2 to v1.1.4 though *scratches head*.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Free version is updated; confused how we made the jump from v1.1.2 to v1.1.4 though *scratches head*.

The Paid Version will update to 1.1.4 soon...the Free Version skipped 1.1.3 since it wasn't approved yet and FarSight had recently submitted 1.1.4 which was expedited through Apple. Quick question, is the Monster Bash camera bug fixed on your version starck?

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Can the flipper gap on MM PLEASE be fixed? And the outlanes on CV be set somewhere between the original version and the current version?

I rather they have it as close to the original as possible. I rather not have another Black Hole situation where the rules where changed to be closer to the original and then changed back to the initial Pinball Arcade rules.

Last edited:

starck

Jun 7, 2012
Well- haven't had much extra time lately for gaming. I don't even think I've played MB enough to get a multiball yet in 1.1.3. Didn't notice any funny camera stuff though, besides the slightly odd close-up viewing angle, which I'm assuming was chosen to allow the player to see the toys/etc. down the play field. Seems like it's more zoomed out than CV, etc., but perhaps that's the best way to get it to fit on my gigantic iPhone screen :).

Anyways, no time for pinball for a bit- and I have a cramped thumb tendon that needs resting anyways :). (1st world problems....)

A quick play through of funhouse was interesting. I think they tweaked the physics and scrolling camera on that table (in a good way). Not sure though.

Last edited:

Pinball Arcade

FarSight Employee
Jun 11, 2012
The MM flipper gap is definitely something that is being worked on as we speak, and has been for some time. The problem that exists is somehow on the iOS only the flipper collision/ geometry is actually larger than the flippers themselves. What this means is that the the flippers should technically hit the ball even if they do not appear to be able to. Sounds strange, I know, and the strangest part is that there is no reason why or how this happened on iOS only. But, I promise you all it is being worked on. As far as CV, a lot of the game physics had to be tweaked in order to get the table to run smoother. By the way!! I've just been informed the Plunger cam issue and the multiple balls in the plunger lane issue is reportedly fixed!! So I will keep you all posted as I find out more!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.