I get to play REAL Pins tonight!

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
So I found out that the Playdium near me also has a bunch of pins. Went last night. $25 for 4 hours unlimited play!! They had Spiderman, Avatar, Big Buck, Transformers, Tron, Iron Man, and Rolling Stones. Since I wasnt concerned with losing coins I was able to practice alot of manuevers that I never normally try (live catch, drop catch, dead passes etc) and I finally got comfortable with real pins! Loved it. Also found four bars within walking distance that have LOTR, Nascar, Shrek, and CSI.

Geez I wish I had started looking sooner!!

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
I played a NASCAR at bar near home last night. I've only been playing real pins for a couple of months now so understand my excitement. I FINALLY posted a highscore on a real machine!! 45M good enough for #4. Not much but it's a start. :)

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Following pinball tables in Pittsburgh PA 5 mile radius:

Medieval Madness (w color DMD) @ The Beahive
Elvira and the Party Monsters (most lights out, but has general luminosity and is very playable) @ Games N At
Star Trek (fun early 90s Data East with the early, mini DMD. Plays great) @ Games N At
South Park (fully working but this table is a piece of crap no pun intended, boring gameplay). @ Games N At
Kiss (amazing condition, but one of the worst ems I ever played) @ Games N At
Spider Man ( Stern 2007. Incredible shape, factory new IMO condition and gameplay. ) @ Tiki Lounge
Simpsons Pinball Party (no issues) @ 2 blocks up from Tiki forget bar name
Buck Hunter (Stern) same bar as above

Games N At also has these tables but with issues:
Lord of Rings : flippers stick, are weak. Lots of mechanical quirks. Barely playable
Addams Family: upper playfield flippers do not work. So u may as well say its unplayable.
Simpsons pinball: mini playfield flippers not working which is major for this table.

There's another arcade we just learned about too. Checking it out this week. Pittsburgh is great place for pinball.

Last edited:

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
I wish I could try a TSPP or TAF. None anywhere in Toronto. And it looks like the Pinball Cafe is struggling. They've changed their hours 3 times in the last 2 months (twice I've driven there for nothing) and now are only open until 7 pm!?!

Sigh....This is a difficult hobby these days. I've got to buy one of my own!

SilverBallFiend

Dec 18, 2012
Unfortunately the Pinball Cafe isn't struggling anymore, it's dead :(
Fun while it lasted and was a great way to get a chance to play some hard to find pins since we lost old school Arcade halls years ago :\

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.