I HATE Lightening Flippers! Who Else Agrees?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I've got a whole lot more center drains on BSD than I should, all because of those LFs. It seems their use was purely to shorten games. Was BSD and FT the only tables that used those stupid things?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It would be nice to be selectable for games that were designed with standard flippers in mind like fish tale. Would definitely be cool as a beginner mode to have standards selectable and zippers for tables with standard flippers as an advanced mode

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
It would be nice to be selectable for games that were designed with standard flippers in mind like fish tale. Would definitely be cool as a beginner mode to have standards selectable and zippers for tables with standard flippers as an advanced mode

You're not getting "zippers" confused with "lightning" are you?

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
I don't notice them as mush in bsd than in fishtales.
I think they are much punitive in fishtales.
Would like an option to put regular ones as well.
Hell why not an option to put lightning flippers in the pinball you want? ^^

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Love them, makes the table play feel more realistic for me somehow. And games don't go on forever. Fish tales and BSD are my top two favourite TPA tables and great fun to pick up and play a quick game or two.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Their sole purpose is to make things more difficult. That said, it's far more noticeable in FT than BSD. I haven't played the TPA version of BSD yet, though.

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
I've played BSD quite a bit in real life, it's even harder than the Pinball Arcade one.

I'm not a big fan but it's only one table of many, so...

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
I've got a whole lot more center drains on BSD than I should, all because of those LFs. It seems their use was purely to shorten games. Was BSD and FT the only tables that used those stupid things?
-----------
Given, it's much harder. However, I believe if one simply times it right (as it gets to the flippers), one can hit the balls a lot more. That is, it is simply a matter of timing. Just like "Diner".:D

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I've played BSD quite a bit in real life, it's even harder than the Pinball Arcade one.

I'm not a big fan but it's only one table of many, so...
The one I played IRL was about the same difficulty as this one, but it might have had regular flippers (a lot of owners do that). I'm not sure, since I didn't know any tables other than FT used it.

I guess that's also another good reason not to ever see DW and Popeye (as if the latter needed another reason) in TPA!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.