I would request super Mario bros kickstarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowjuggalo

May 10, 2016
It would be awesome to try to get Super Mario bros kickstarter going. I know a lot of people think its a kids game. But I find it rather fun table. Also it would attract younger players in. I know it would be a long shot. I know alot people grew up playing that game.

Fafaflunkie

Dec 21, 2013
Sounds like a nice idea, until you see who Farsight need to get the licence from: Nintendo.

Do you honestly think for a picosecond Nintendo would allow any of its IP, directly or indirectly, on any platform other than their own? And as a corollary to that: can you see Farsight making a table exclusively for one platform? Take this request as an example: sure, Nintendo may allow Farsight to make SMB, but only for the Wii U. Would Farsight go ahead with this and alienate users on all other platforms? Think about that, then get back to me.

shadowjuggalo

May 10, 2016
I don't see why they wouldn't. First off, if you you remember back when nintendo started, they were on atari. While making arcade machines. Second if they let premier make a pinball machine in the first place, why wouldn't they now? As i said it's a long shot, also tpa is the only company, i know big enough that could pull off the deal. they would be the only company, to legit have rights to the table. And that in it self, deserves bragging rights. I'm just saying, it couldn't hurt to shoot them a letter.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
nintendo..........even worse than Disney. And not exactly a table worth the trouble, IMO.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Sounds like a nice idea, until you see who Farsight need to get the licence from: Nintendo.

Do you honestly think for a picosecond Nintendo would allow any of its IP, directly or indirectly, on any platform other than their own? And as a corollary to that: can you see Farsight making a table exclusively for one platform? Take this request as an example: sure, Nintendo may allow Farsight to make SMB, but only for the Wii U. Would Farsight go ahead with this and alienate users on all other platforms? Think about that, then get back to me.

Nintendo has actually developed games for Android and iOS recently. It's unlikely, but I don't think it's out of the question entirely.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
yeah......... probably because their own systems sell so well. :rolleyes: They are so pathetic, there's like whole 12 people that still care for them and yet, when someone makes some homebrew stuff they have to crush them. Recycling Marios over and over for the last 20 years.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Nintendo has actually developed games for Android and iOS recently. It's unlikely, but I don't think it's out of the question entirely.

I agree. I know Farsight has gotten a million requests. And despite the bashing of nintendo in other responses, I would THINK Farsight would not bother to program the table if they couldn't incorporate into their app cross platform. I can't see them releasing a table only on a single version of TPA. In that case they wouldn't bother with it. And Nintendo, well, they may license the Mario property for that old table to Farsight. What else is Nintendo going to do with this old table? It's an old pinball table, and Farsight is the only company seeking out that type of license from Nintendo. So, why NOT license to Farsight?

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
well, why not let people have fun with their own recreation of 20+ years old games. It's not that they are still selling NES games or that it hurts sales for those 12 wii u consoles they sold. Mario is all that has left from Nintendo and they try to milk that in every possible way.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
If I could own a pin of my own I would buy this table, decked out led and all. This table would be a translate well over to TPA. But unfortunately it would be a Wii U exclusive or something of the sorts.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
If I could own a pin of my own I would buy this table, decked out led and all. This table would be a translate well over to TPA. But unfortunately it would be a Wii U exclusive or something of the sorts.

My prdeiction: Farsight will not ever do the table unless Nintendo grants a license of the table to be used in all of TPA. If Nintendo insisted that they only put it on a single platform, (or even Wii U and/or NX down the line), then this is not a worthwhile endeavor for Farsight to undertake. They have to grant the license for TPA as a whole. It may include a required Wii U release, but may not limit it to Wi U. And I still say, Nintendo is changing, and they just might do this with that old pinball machine.

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
ISo, why NOT license to Farsight?
Because Farsight can't pay Nintendo the value of the Mario license (and thank God they can't). It really is simple as that.

I'm guessing that you guys want this table only because of the Mario license; if it were a Dig Dug license you wouldn't bother with it. If true, that's (unneeded) proof of the value of the license for this table (and licenses in general).

invitro

May 4, 2012
My prdeiction: Farsight will not ever do the table unless Nintendo grants a license of the table to be used in TPA.
That prediction is 100% likely to be true, for all licensed pinball machines and their license holders. :)

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
Second if they let premier make a pinball machine in the first place, why wouldn't they now? As i said it's a long shot, also tpa is the only company, i know big enough that could pull off the deal. they would be the only company, to legit have rights to the table. And that in it self, deserves bragging rights. I'm just saying, it couldn't hurt to shoot them a letter.
- The value of the Mario license is thousands of times higher than it was in 1992.
- Farsight is not a big company. They have like 25-30 employees.
- I'm sure Farsight sent Nintendo a letter a long time ago, unless Farsight didn't like the table, which is probable, as Farsight has good taste :), or knew that the cost of the license would far exceed the money they'd get selling a TPA version.

Note: The famous Stern pinball designer Keith P. Johnson LOVES the Super Mario Bros. Mushroom World table. ;)

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Super Mario Bros mushroom world is the better of the two tables. by far. full size game is objectively pretty bad.

shadowjuggalo

May 10, 2016
- The value of the Mario license is thousands of times higher than it was in 1992.
- Farsight is not a big company. They have like 25-30 employees.
- I'm sure Farsight sent Nintendo a letter a long time ago, unless Farsight didn't like the table, which is probable, as Farsight has good taste :), or knew that the cost of the license would far exceed the money they'd get selling a TPA version.

Note: The famous Stern pinball designer Keith P. Johnson LOVES the Super Mario Bros. Mushroom World table. ;)

As I said it would be a long shot, I'm not sure how much it would cost farsight. But I know if farsight doesn't get it someone will one day. And with virtual pin being on shark tank tonight. The whole visual pinball scene is about to heat up. I also sent a message to sterns Facebook, and requested for them to do their own Mario table. Also Nintendo is no longer supporting the wiiu.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Also Nintendo is no longer supporting the wiiu.

That's complete rubbish. They're still making, selling, supporting, and promoting the Wii U, and creating software for it. All they've done is announce a release date (March 2017) for the NX, a console/platform that nobody outside of Nintendo knows anything about.

Microsoft is still supporting the XBox 360, and Sony is still supporting the PS3, and it's been more than 2 years since their respective successors have been on the market and established themselves. Why on earth would Nintendo no longer support a console that is still their current-gen offering?!

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
There will never be mario on sony or ms consoles. EVER.

As long as Nintendo has consoles of their own.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
They are no longer making the wiiu. But are still supporting it. You are correct on that end.

Again, wrong. There were news reports in March that they would be stopping production of the Wii U by the end of 2016, but that report came from a single source that is not 100% reliable and Nintendo have said they have no such plans.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/23/nintendo-to-end-wii-u-production-report.html

http://www.engadget.com/2016/03/22/nintendo-says-its-not-stopping-wii-u-production/
http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2...wii-u-production-will-continue-into-next-year

etc.

shadowjuggalo

May 10, 2016
Again, wrong. There were news reports in March that they would be stopping production of the Wii U by the end of 2016, but that report came from a single source that is not 100% reliable and Nintendo have said they have no such plans.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/23/nintendo-to-end-wii-u-production-report.html

http://www.engadget.com/2016/03/22/nintendo-says-its-not-stopping-wii-u-production/
http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2...wii-u-production-will-continue-into-next-year

etc.

Well I stand corrected, but my stand is still the same. If TPA doesn't get the rights, to the SMB someone will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts