I'd love to see Pinball Arcade add 3.0 physics to the older tables!

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
i really hope so..the feel of game has really improved these last few months.. i'd love to see that translate back thru the best of the best tables that came out in season 1

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Big Shot already has been adapted to physics 3.0. And as far as I know without resetting the leaderboard. I'm not sure if that would be necessary though on this table, I could do some live catches and had the impression that ball movement was somewhat more natural than before, but otherwise it's the same soulsucking demon-table that I was fond of earlier :) I must admit though that I recently upped my best to around 440K, but I wouldn't think that had anything to do with improved physics.

jonesjb

Mar 22, 2013
Slam23, that's great news, but how have you been able to verify which have and have not been updated to 3.0 physics?

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
No, I just remember reading somewhere in a newsletter or post that some tables were updated, maybe only Big Shot. Haven't found the aforementioned post/newsletter though.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I hope they do find the time to go back and update all the tables. I find it a big improvement. Maybe they can start with the kickstarter pins?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Apparently it's time-consuming to add the new physics to pre-Xenon tables (Xenon being the first "new" table with the physics baked in). Every new table from Xenon forward will automatically get the new physics.

They are doing it table by table as time allows.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
All tables will eventually get the flipper physics update. Some tables will also get a re-tuning in general. I sent Bobby a list of tables with 'impossible' shots and he plans on addressing these as he either adds the flipper physics or deals with the planned 'difficulty' settings for certain tables. It is a long process, as it involves changing lots of values on the tables and ensuring physics do not become broken with new adjustments. I think Theatre of Magic was close to being finished, with Black Hole coming up next in line. Don't quote me on that though!

And yes, Big Shot for sure has 3.0 flippers as do all tables since Xenon.

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
All tables will eventually get the flipper physics update. Some tables will also get a re-tuning in general.

Are graphical updates part of this re-tuning? Some of the early tables, especially before they got a better camera to take pics and switched to doing one table per month, look really rough in spots.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I wonder how tables are being prioritized.
Not a big deal ,I'll take em as they come, but I was thinking..
It might be nice to have the kick starter tables sooner then later in the list. It could be passed along as another nod of appreciation for the support to get those tables made.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Are graphical updates part of this re-tuning? Some of the early tables, especially before they got a better camera to take pics and switched to doing one table per month, look really rough in spots.
HEAR, HEAR!

I'd be shocked if it happened, though.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts