If the Playstation 4 release doesn't address their inability to update tables then...

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
It'll get the latest builds of the old tables by default. I'm not worried about it. Surely Sony has their stuff figured out this time around.

Yeah, but does Farsight? :eek:

edit: re; smb, I can't recall without looking for it, which I will.. but I believe it was recently.. within the last month or so

Jeff Rivera

Jun 18, 2013
Hey, guys. I played TPA down at E3 last week and I got to talk to some members of the Farsight team. I was told that updates would be much easier and more timely with the PS4. It's expected to be ready for the console's launch, but it's up to Sony whether or not it will be a launch game. If it misses launch, it will be available VERY soon after. I didn't get any info about transferring purchases from PS3 to PS4, but if purchases are still tied to your PSN account, there's a chance that they might.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Since you're in the USA I'll give the Prices in $

PS4 - $399
XBox One - $499

The main difference seems to be that Microsoft is taking another chance on the Kinect and including it (much to the chagrin of a LOT of people) and Sony is not including their eye camera.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The Sony camera only costs $60 to buy separately. The thing I find really interesting about the PS4: it comes with an HDMI cable. I've never bought a piece of equipment that's included an HDMI cable.

Jan 6, 2013
Thanks im not in to the kinect but love the xbox but i am thinking ps4 is starting to look like my first choice.400. is not that bad i thought it would be more like 600

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
The thing I find really interesting about the PS4: it comes with an HDMI cable. I've never bought a piece of equipment that's included an HDMI cable.
It's not too surprising considering that the PS4 doesn't have a multi-out and it will not support SDTVs.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
The Xbox One does too, but apparently Sony comes with a mic, which the One does not.

The camera thing will be interesting for sure. I read an article that said that only 4.7 percent of PS3 users adopted the Move, so I wonder if it will be worth it to pick it up.

The gamble (which could very well come back to bite them) that MS is taking is that they are hoping by including the Kinect in every bundle, that developers will actually use it. Since that's a reason a lot of people don't want it is does seem like a big gamble.

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
The Sony camera only costs $60 to buy separately. The thing I find really interesting about the PS4: it comes with an HDMI cable. I've never bought a piece of equipment that's included an HDMI cable.

My Wii U came with an HDMI cable. I find it really annoying when an HD device doesn't include the HDMI cable. I would be more surprised if you bought a printer or an external Hard Drive that came with a usb cable.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I'm sure it will be addressed. If not, well I'm not going to lose sleep over it. It's still going to be the most up to date code for Season 1 and 2.

As far as season 3 and beyond, if for some reason it's the same policy as before, well that will suck but hey what ya gunna do brother, when Sony's crappy policies run wild on you

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
My Wii U came with an HDMI cable. I find it really annoying when an HD device doesn't include the HDMI cable. I would be more surprised if you bought a printer or an external Hard Drive that came with a usb cable.

The PS4 comes with an HDMI cable because that will be the only way it can connect. There is no support for composite or component video output. That means people like me, who's HD set was before HDMI, won't get to play a PS4. Yes, I'm aware of the converter boxes, but I'm also aware that encoding on media can dictate that should it go through any analogue source, it will drop down to 480p.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Even the new Xbox 360 E has dropped component, so it safe to assume the Xbone won't have it either. Apparently they all assume everyone has moved to HDMI.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Even the new Xbox 360 E has dropped component, so it safe to assume the Xbone won't have it either. Apparently they all assume everyone has moved to HDMI.

Wait, what? That's horrible news. Looks like I will have to stick with the regular slim when I go to get one later.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
They also dropped optical audio. There is a single pin A/V jack but I believe this is straight composite. (Why they would have composite and not component makes no sense to me....)

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
They also dropped optical audio. There is a single pin A/V jack but I believe this is straight composite. (Why they would have composite and not component makes no sense to me....)
It still has the digital optical port. The A/V jack you are talking about is the AUX port for the camera.

The system only has the following input/output ports.

1 AUX port (for camera)
1 A/C port
1 HDMI port
1 Digital Optical port
2 USB ports

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.