If You Could Make One Rule Change Per Table, What Would They Be?

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
Sorry, sad but true. There's no ball saver on TZ in its factory-default state. You can enable one in the operator menu, but for some bizarre reason it only applies to the very first ball each game.

The regulation multiball and Fast Lock Multiball don't have ball savers, either. Again for reasons unknown, Powerball Mania has a very short one when it first starts, but there's no light to indicate that it's active.

because pat lawlor hates ball save (cf. Funhouse, Twilight Zone, RBION)

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
RBION has the three-switch rule as its ball saver. (So does Family Guy, or at least the one here does.)

three switch rule is great when the playfield is so cluttered you never have a chance to use flippers..

pat lawlor most overrated pinball designer strikes again

N

Nik Barbour

Like the sound of the Black Knight dip switch. Pro mode is coming to TPA but not for scripted tables.
Can that switch be accessed in VP on JPSalas's table?
Gotta try that tonight.

It does work in Visual Pinball. 8 & 9 move you up through the dip switch options. 1 selects or changes setting.
dip 33 changes drop target reset time between 6-15 sec setings go 0-9.
dip 37 if 0 means lock is always on, if dip is 1 - you have to go through the horseshoe multiplier loop before ball lock is active.
I much prefer the modified ball lock option - v.nice.
TPA needs full rom emulation and Pro mode on this table.

Last edited:

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
i want to change my answer on Black Knight:

Black Knight
Remove the constant cacophonous laser sound effects and irritating blooping from the timed drop targets. seriously, a blinking light would be enough, or even a subtle ticking. as it stands, those sound effects totally dominate the table.

The real table is not as annoying as presented in TPA. Blame Farsight, not Mr. Ritchie!

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
on monster bash i would like my moshpit shots count during certain monster modes. bride, creature, and mummy. frakie gives you a jackpot so thats okay.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
on monster bash i would like my moshpit shots count during certain monster modes. bride, creature, and mummy. frakie gives you a jackpot so thats okay.
Shooting the Mosh Pit spinner resets the timer on Ball and Chain (up to 3 times) and is one of the five shots for Creature Feature. I don't remember off-hand if the center lane counts as a Mummy Jackpot or not.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012

sorry i meant count, as in it would keep track of how many moshpit shots i made during that monster mode. and add that total to the total number of moshpit shots i previously had before i started the monster mode.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts