If you could only own one table...

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I see playing a real Monster Bash has really made a huge impression on you. What is it about this table that really grabbed you.

For me it's the whole show that surrounds multiball. The start of multiball, the screaming jackpot call outs, the lights. Just great in person.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
I see playing a real Monster Bash has really made a huge impression on you. What is it about this table that really grabbed you.

For me it's the whole show that surrounds multiball. The start of multiball, the screaming jackpot call outs, the lights. Just great in person.
On TPA it already was my favorite, and being well familliar with the ruleset playing the real table I felt like a fish in the water.
There's just so much to love about this table, with perhaps only the phantomflip as a nano-gripe.
-The theme of the table (not just a movie, but a whole era of horrormovie-icons), and the humerous spin that's put on it with great voiceacting and dmd animations. Putting them all in a band is brilliant.
(I slightly prefer humerous tables like Monster Bash and Scared Stiff over serious tables)
-Just two flippers makes for more focused gameplay imho (not a horizontal sideflipper-shot fan) and the table layout is sufficiently challenging and diverse with just those two.
-Also nicely 'layered' difficulty. There's Frankenstein multiball for the novice player, Mosh pit multiball and assembling the band for the more advanced players, strategicly stacking bonusrounds and collecting the instruments for the wizzards. Easy to learn and hard to master; makes for instant appeal with replay vallue.
-The animatronics. The little Frankenstein monster's diorama with Igor, Dracula coming out of his coffin, a mucky green pudle with a gloomy silouette underneath... And it's not just there as tabledressing; these gadgets emphasize in-game accomplishments.
- The way the game get's you extra excited through effective use of light and sound. Gorgar also does this in it's own primal way (your heartbeat accelerates along with the table's electronic heartbeat), but here it's the music and the voiceactors cheering you on, or tickling your funnybone. During multiball, but also during bonusrounds. The music's energetic while remaining easy on the ear.

The whole team behind this table just nailed it.
Scared Stiff comes in a close second by the way.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.