If you could only own one table...

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
AC/DC. I love the band so the music gets me pumped and with the amount of depth I think it would last a long time before I got bored. Before it came out, Centaur would be my pick. Excellent gameplay, rules and that "reverb" making sound board never gets old.

"Bad move human" :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
When I was growing up, there was a person that would come by my parents church to inform them of the evil music that was invading their children's lives. So we got to hear all sorts of records backwards, heard all about Ozzy and his bats, you know, things that just drove us kids straight to that very stuff (cuz we didn't know ANY of that!!). Anyways, you know how KISS would use lightning bolts for the 's' and AC/DC uses one to instead of '/'? Well that apparently stood for satan! The true genius though was what both of those band names 'really' stood for.

KISS = Knights In Satan's Service
AC/DC = Anti Christ / Devil's Children

Gotta love the fear mongering of the early 80's, eh? Fortunately my parents wouldn't have recognized any of those band's music on the radio to begin with, so no I wasn't deprived!

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
What fun the music industry had with "parental advisory - explicit lyrics". If you were either a metal band or a hip hop artist sales would be boosted through the roof. :)

I'd go with Attack from Mars, but wouldn't mind visting neglectoid for some No Fear (can't get why it isn't more popular) and Jared for a game of Safe Cracker (really something special) every now and then. Does anyone have 'some' accumulated bonus miles to spare?

immortalmindz

Jul 29, 2012
This is a difficult question to answer, not having had the fortune to play a real TZ or Addams Family which i know alot of people rate i'll have to go for something i have played. So it would have to be Attack from Mars for me also. I've pumped a lot of coins into this machine lately and still want to go back for more and even tho i havent played one MM would definitely be right up there.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Still pretty hard to top TZ as a one-off game for home ownership. Probably the perfect balance of depth, difficulty, interesting shots, theme and unique toys (powerball, power field etc.). I personally love AFM but it's slightly too easy to reach the Wizard mode. Still regret selling mine though. :(

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
but wouldn't mind visting neglectoid for some No Fear (can't get why it isn't more popular)

I honestly think its the theme. I don't know about you guys, about around me the No Fear brand was always something of a joke, like what poseurs would wear. Kinda like what Town & Country surf was to Maui and Sons. There's nothing wrong with the table itself, especially if you are a fan of ramp and loop shots, and it plays fast. So yeah, I think its the branding of No Fear itself that hurts the popularity.

karl

May 10, 2012
This is hard. Let's just say 1993 was an incredible year in pinball history so I'll take all the games from that year and play them to death and then I'll decide my desert Island table in 10 years (would have to be an Island with electricity I guess) :)

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Back in the Nineties I'd probably have said Star Trek: The Next Generation, but lately I've developed a particular fondness for Taxi and Monster Bash. ST:TNG would still be a good choice, though.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Still pretty hard to top TZ as a one-off game for home ownership. Probably the perfect balance of depth, difficulty, interesting shots, theme and unique toys (powerball, power field etc.).
Indeed. TZ probably does the best job of shoving as much variety into a single machine as possible.

I personally love AFM but it's slightly too easy to reach the Wizard mode. Still regret selling mine though. :(
I don't know, I'm finding getting to Rule the Universe plenty tough. Although the fact that the outlanes are fully open on the AFM near me might have something to do with that.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Swords of Fury, but everyone on this forum probably knew that already. The game never gets old, and its design was way ahead of its time. SoF also has the best original music of any pinball table out there (yes, even better than TX-Sector). I like Twilight Zone, Addams Family, and the other mainstays, but Swords of Fury is a personal favorite that has stood the test of time.

Alex

Aug 2, 2012
Safe Cracker. Not going to find it on location, and it's one of them underappreciated works of genius. I know that would work out fine too, seeing as I've had one for two years and it's not going anywhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.