IGN PS4 and PC review of TPA

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Anyway, Gottlieb is german, so as long as you don't say "gottlibe" or something, I'm not too worried :p

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Also, check out the PSNation video from today, the lighting contrast is much better: http://www.twitch.tv/psnation/b/481274212

EDIT: Hm looks like the wireforms might even have a bit of shine to them after all.

Has flipper physics gotten better? I see the ball not so buncing on TOM. Ball getting shiny when receiving light is looking very nice. I'd re-buy all tables if I could have the same graphics and improved flipper physics on the iPad Air ;)

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Anyway, Gottlieb is german, so as long as you don't say "gottlibe" or something, I'm not too worried :p

I could'a sworn I've always heard people (non-German-speaking American people, I suppose) pronounce it "Gottleeb."

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I'm still completely unable to tell that the guy in the video isn't in fact saying "gottleeb"

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Has flipper physics gotten better? I see the ball not so buncing on TOM. Ball getting shiny when receiving light is looking very nice. I'd re-buy all tables if I could have the same graphics and improved flipper physics on the iPad Air ;)

From my experience playing the PS4 version the physics all around have been improved substantially.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
According to IGN it's AMAZING! :)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/19/pinball-arcade-review

"The PC version of Pinball Arcade looks good, but the PS4 looks downright
stunning with nearly photo-realistic detail and flawless frame rate. The ball
physics, flipper strength, and even plunger mechanics are exactly how you’d
remember them from the arcades."

There's already a good discussion going on this.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/6561-IGN-PS4-and-PC-review-of-TPA

Dec 7, 2013
Good news about the IGN review.

Quite honestly though, I'm extremely disappointed by how this is looking. The lighting looks very poor, flat and undefined, in my opinion. Rather than sharp points of light, I see large blurry areas of what look like omni lights dotted around. Reflections are almost completely absent and the ball itself looks dull, lacking in shine and in shade most of the time. Textures and shaders look almost identical to current versions, with no improvement to transparent plastics.

I am pleased with how portrait mode is progressing on the PC, but now I really fear for the graphic quality we'll see in the future.

It looks amazing in person. Don't judge it off tiny compressed crap 30 fps video.

The most stark difference is in reflections, lighting, it looks REALLY good and is the best you can get until these improvements come to PC.

Textures are supposedly better but not in the build I played.

Mobile isn't even up to last generation console standards graphically, but you expect PS4/PC level on an iPad :-?

Maybe on iPad Air 5.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts