I'm getting Star Trek Pro!

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
For my birthday I received a $5000 certificate to buy any pinball machine I wanted. Now I have decided.

I'm buying Stern Star Trek, one of my new favorite machines of all time.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Congrats, that a hell of a present. ST is a good game, you won't be disappointed. There's supposed to be another code update coming soon too that will make it even better.

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
Congratulations, not bad for a first machine. I've played a ST pro and LE, they are both great games and you are certainly getting a lot of value in the pro version especially with the upcoming code updates. I wish I got something that cool for my 14th birthday.

Just out of curiosity, what made you decide to get a ST pro instead of a Metallica or ACDC? You certainly made a great choice, and I probably would have done the same, but was there anything that drew you to the ST over the other games?

Once again, congratulations on your purchase.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Wow....That's quite the present for a 14 year old. I was lucky to get a $20 bill for my 14th birthday. You're very lucky, kid.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Congratulations, not bad for a first machine. I've played a ST pro and LE, they are both great games and you are certainly getting a lot of value in the pro version especially with the upcoming code updates. I wish I got something that cool for my 14th birthday.

Just out of curiosity, what made you decide to get a ST pro instead of a Metallica or ACDC? You certainly made a great choice, and I probably would have done the same, but was there anything that drew you to the ST over the other games?

Once again, congratulations on your purchase.

Both games have their charms.

- Metallica is not of interest to me. Sure it has great music, quotes, and aggressiveness but it's not my kind of game.
- AC/DC's "modes" feel a bit weird and forced. 12 songs that only allow you to hit certain shots for points. However it does have 3 stackable Multiballs (like in Bram Stoker's Dracula)
- The reason I am interested in Star Trek is the fact that there are 18 missions - none of them getting old - and that there is a great Vengeance toy in the centre. Also it has colored LEDs and many code updates are coming for it.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
For my birthday I received a $5000 certificate to buy any pinball machine I wanted. Now I have decided.

Oh hell, you wrote into Coast 2 Coast!!!

Listen to the most recent episode, trust me ;)

FWIW, I think that's what Nate was leaning towards, too... either that or Metallica, depending on where your loyalties lie. Totally linking him to this thread!

Edit: I missed wherever you said your age... at 14, that's an insane present from some mighty generous family members. Owning your own Stern will prove invaluable for practice if you ever decide to contemplate tournament play. Never too young to start!

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Congrats and I hope you have barrels of fun with it.

It is smooth as butter and is has a ton of modes but be aware that many of the modes feel the same and some (myself included) feel that after a while it starts to feel a bit like work to get further in the game.

Still a great game of course and new code can quickly change the work part and make it even more fun. Sounds like the present above all other presents, you lucky b...ard ;)

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012

Gee Whiz, that makes me think why I didn't ask for a real pinball machine when I was 14. I would have got one. I guess the five different cars, each one better than the other, my parents bought me from 16 - 19 was just as good.

I guess for you 16th birthday you'll get the car of your dreams.

Congratulations, young Cap'n.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.