[Immersive] Noyze Volume Panel

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I discovered Noyze volume panel about three months ago, and was impressed with how well it hides the obtrusive volume popup in stock Android.

With the proliferation of immersive apps now available, this app really comes into its own. What it does is replaces the stock volume menu with a thin volume indicator that shows in the notification pane bar.

When using Immersive mode, adjusting the volume does not snap the game out of immersive mode, not does it obscure the view of the game. And it doesn't require root. Better yet, the thin volume slider is included in the app for free!

Try it today when you play TPA in Immersive mode, and you'll wonder how you did without it. I believe it should be part of stock Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.barrasso.android.volume

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Thanks, very useful. Just bought it. Very nice: with the pro version I can have the volume buttons always adjust the media volume, rather than the ring tone volume (when no media is currently played), which was completely useless before. So it solves 2 issues for me.

One thing is very odd though, but I'm sure it's an Android issue, not an error or anything on the Noyze-App: as it must be registered as a service under accessibility, I got the message Noyze would like to have the following permissions (might read a bit different in english as I translate it from german)

Monitor actions
Allows TalkBack to find out, when you use an App

Read text while being entered
Including personal data as credit card numbers and passwords

Since Android comes with TalkBack installed and as it's mentioned under "Monitor Actions", I assume those are both rights which are requested for TalkBack. Not really sure what Android (4.4.2) is doing here.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Thanks, very useful. Just bought it. Very nice: with the pro version I can have the volume buttons always adjust the media volume, rather than the ring tone volume (when no media is currently played), which was completely useless before. So it solves 2 issues for me.

One thing is very odd though, but I'm sure it's an Android issue, not an error or anything on the Noyze-App: as it must be registered as a service under accessibility, I got the message Noyze would like to have the following permissions (might read a bit different in english as I translate it from german)

Monitor actions
Allows TalkBack to find out, when you use an App

Read text while being entered
Including personal data as credit card numbers and passwords

Since Android comes with TalkBack installed and as it's mentioned under "Monitor Actions", I assume those are both rights which are requested for TalkBack. Not really sure what Android (4.4.2) is doing here.
Yes you're correct. This is a requirement of the Android OS from a security perspective.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Unfortunately for everyone who hasn't downloaded this app yet, Google has decided to pull down this app from the Google Play and terminated Tom's account.

https://plus.google.com/communities/112130153614078864555

#Noyze is no more. Actually, my development is no more. Last night, Google decided to pull Noyze from the Play Store. What's more, they rejected my appeal and have terminated my account entirely. Given my previous misfortune, I can't validate giving Google any more of my time or patience (nor do I imagine them as anything less than intractable). I'm sorry for the disappointing news, but that's it, that's all.

"This is the way the world ends: Not with a bang but a whimper." - T.S. Eliot

Tom

The app is now downloadable here: http://apkshared.net/4gf and released as donationware.

Just after me redoing all the translation work to German... :(

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts