iOS 3.3.1 Discussion & Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
I bought it last night, it's my first season 3 game, and I really like it! It plays so fast, which is great! I wish all the games were as difficult as this. (Like, I really like Twilight Zone and Funhouse, but I'm always afraid to play them on TPA because my games usually last anywhere from half an hour to an hour.) Of course, the music is amazingly catchy, not even I can resist singing along a little bit!

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
Thanks for the tips guys on the Magna-Save! I played it early this morning on my mini iPad and set a new record for myself of 4,296,170. I also completed all basic table goals on it and got one wizard goal completed. I also tried out the new Challenges section and selected Season One Challenge. So far I have played Tales of the Arabian Nights scoring 14.8 and Ripley's Believe it Or Not scoring a 28.7.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
The new "Challenges" thing wants you to play 5-10 different tables in one sitting, up to 3 times each, and apparently doesn't save if the app gets pushed out of memory. Not bloody likely!

(E: Okay, looks like it did save. Didn't seem like it was before. Weird.)

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Thats the way it was designed Eegah, you shouldnt have to do it in one sitting. You do have 3 credits(one when you start the table). You can always play the challenge another day by "load"ing. If you opt out early the data should saved and you can continue but, it will cost you a credit ;) It's a challenge mode afterall! :D

Last edited:

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
playing with the silver ball, I can almost hear the sounds of bowling balls and pins knocking together, or the billard balls. I can almost smell the hamburgers and fries being made in the snack bar. I know when I finish this game, I've got someone to pick up after work. For a moment, I'm seventeen again. For a moment..

cool beans dude. Love it

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Thats the way it was designed Eegah, you shouldnt have to do it in one sitting. You do have 3 credits(one when you start the table). You can always play the challenge another day by "load"ing. If you opt out early the data should saved and you can continue but, it will cost you a credit ;) It's a challenge mode afterall! :D

I lost because I couldn't scrape together 14M on Medieval Madness in three freaking tries... Man I'm off my game.

I take it this may be a way to trial out a new tournament structure? I like the concept.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Black Knight kicked my ass so far on the Season 1 challenge. Whew!!
Black Knight is the thorn in my side.
One helluva challenge!

Last edited:

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I played some more of the Season One Challenge last night and Black Hole I need some serious practice on. I could not surpass the goal of 175,000 points in three credits and now have to start the entire challenge over. Theatre Of Magic I shot a 1 billion score even surpassing my own high score on it in the My Tables section. But I noticed if you do break a personal high score it is not logged into My Tables during play in the Challenges section.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Can anyone tell if we have emulation for BK in this release? I think we were all expecting it for when BK2K came out, but there's been no word of it for a while.

night

May 18, 2012
My findings after a weekend of flip-flopping are a bit mixed. BK2K is a very good table with a catchy tune. But to be honest, after playing BK2K I find the playfield a visual overdoses and the ball speed on the lower playfield is not helping here. I find it a relief to switch back to BK after playing BK2K. What could help here is a darker environmental lighting: the playfield should be toned down a bit so that the colors are less overpowering, because we see a speedy ball rocketeering over a highly saturated and highly detailed playfield, that is a lot for a brain to process. Looking at some demo vids from the PC/Console version it is visually easier to the eyes I think (minus the orange hue). But don't get me wrong, BK2K is a super table. Still love BK.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, we tried to get them to dim the playfield down a bit in the beta, but the art team didn't have time.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Hm, yeah, I'm with you on the darkening of the PF. It's fine on PC for some reason, but the iOS version looks quite flat. I sometimes wish we could get the level of faked lighting detail like we get with some of the older PHoF tables like Funhouse. The complete lack of shadows on the iOS version doesn't work well at all with flat colours.

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
Can't get this table to play on my iPhone 4. Whenever I click start the game hesitates and then crashes.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
Don't know if this qualify's as a bug, but if/when you turn off the heads up display, BK2K just stops! No sound or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.