iOS 6?

polovi

Sep 21, 2012
I received farsight's newsletter today, and they confirm that they are aware of the issues and will issue an update "soon".

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
This seems like a good time to repeat my prior advice about playing TPA on iOS devices (which…come to think of it…I'm not sure if I mentioned it in the first place): I highly recommend turning off "banner" notifications for *every* app in Settings > Notification Center. The banners completely kill the frame rate in TPA, and the momentary loss of control quite often causes the ball to drain. You really don't want that happening. Since I mostly just play on the iPad, I just keep all banners disabled on there. (I do have a few banners allowed on the iPhone, but I usually don't play TPA on my phone.)

Even on the iPad 3, those banners will murder your frame rate.

an ox

May 28, 2012
I would also add that cell-connected devices that aren't in range of a strong signal will tend to have an occasional lag as the phone-y gubbins struggles to do its business. Turning on airplane mode may well help overcome occasional stuttering in such cases.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
This seems like a good time to repeat my prior advice about playing TPA on iOS devices (which…come to think of it…I'm not sure if I mentioned it in the first place): I highly recommend turning off "banner" notifications for *every* app in Settings > Notification Center. The banners completely kill the frame rate in TPA, and the momentary loss of control quite often causes the ball to drain. You really don't want that happening. Since I mostly just play on the iPad, I just keep all banners disabled on there. (I do have a few banners allowed on the iPhone, but I usually don't play TPA on my phone.)

Even on the iPad 3, those banners will murder your frame rate.

Luckily ios6 has added ' do not disturb ' which stops the annoying while playing TPA notifications. I never understood why apple removed the global notifications on/off switch in ios4 or 5.

Debelius

Jun 26, 2012
Ok on my iPad 2 it's been a bit of a disaster.

Tables were fine on ios5, just upgraded to six and put on Taxi - frame rate is poor, seem to have lost all goals, and every time I get the joyride shot the screen freezes on the back glass. Playing PA free btw.

I would NOT upgrade to iOS 6 atm till this is solved :(

Cheers

Paul

The Wolfman

Jul 2, 2012
After reading all this I'm glad I didn't upgrade yet. The extra features on iOS 6 just aren't worth it for me. Thanks for the warnings guys!

Fronzdan

Jun 19, 2012
I've had no issues or lagging on any table with ios6 on an iPad 2. It's a wifi only model, so maybe there is something to the idea that 3G signal hunting etc causes lag.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I've had no issues or lagging on any table with ios6 on an iPad 2. It's a wifi only model, so maybe there is something to the idea that 3G signal hunting etc causes lag.

I have a wifi only model, so that wasn't it.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I hope this gets fixed before iPod Touch 5 comes out (similar specs to iPhone 4S and iPad 2, but with a screen similar to iPhone 5).

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Luckily ios6 has added ' do not disturb ' which stops the annoying while playing TPA notifications. I never understood why apple removed the global notifications on/off switch in ios4 or 5.

Notification Center didn't even exist until iOS 5.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Notification Center didn't even exist until iOS 5.

Not notification center but we did have notifications and a global switch to turn them off. They introduced notification center and gave each app a switch but you couldn't turn them all off with one switch unless you turned on airplane mode.

Members online

Members online