iOS - Bug iOS and Pinball Arcade on multiple devices

boffer

Oct 8, 2012
One last thing you can try (I'm pretty much out of ideas here), go into the Wi-Fi settings (Settings>Wi-Fi>(select your Wi-Fi network)>Blue Arrow) and make certain that your iPhone(s) match your iPad's settings exactly. There may be something in there that's different (I have no idea what) that's causing the issue.

Another idea (as my beta tester mode kicks in)...are you trying to download the content over the same means (Wi-Fi vs cell)? If not, download the content using the same connection if you can. If you are already using the same connection, try the other.

It still seems like a internet connection issue to me, thus those suggestions. Again, if you've already tried, disregard.

Thank you again for the help. We think alike, I have tried every possible connection I could think of. Between my home and office, I have three different WIFI networks. I have tried every one of them, and I have also tried both 3G (when it was my iphone 4) as well as 4G with my new iphone 5. I'm pretty certain my ipad table purchases were made with some combination of these networks. In other words I did not purchase all tables in the same location.

I just checked the little blue arrow (which I had not previously checked), everything seems to be in order there.

I think I'll try again while doing a head stand and singing moon river. I can't think of anything else!

boffer

Oct 8, 2012
Could you possibly have a different iTunes Store account on the phone? I had a friend that was having weird issues with another app, and that's what it turned out to be. His phone was authorized to use apps from account A (so he could run the app), but all the details for buying on his phone was for account B. when he tried to restore purchases, it was trying to use account B, which tossed up a weird error.

That's a good suggestion, I have definitely heard of this happening before. But I do know that all of my table purchases were made with the same itunes account.

boffer

Oct 8, 2012
I bit the bullet, erased the phone completely, set it up as a new phone rather than backing up from my previous phone, to avoid bringing over any unwanted gremlins that might be lurking. Installed the paid version of pinball arcade, and it worked. I was able to login and download all of my purchased tables, no errors. Everything else is the same, WIFI, Apple ID, etc. The wiping of the phone must have cleared out whatever mysterious conflict was messing things up. I really have no idea.

A side note, I went ahead and purchased Elvira and NGG on my iphone, which I had not yet purchased on my ipad. I wanted to see if I had the same problem going the other way. I opened my ipad and had no problem restoring the new tables there.

Thanks to all for the help! I kinda wish I knew what the issue was exactly but at least it's working now :cool:

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I wish you knew what it was as well since it may have helped others in your situation. Sorry that it had to take a "restore as new" to resolve it but sometimes it *is* better to just wipe the slate clean & start over (mumbleWindowsPCmumble). Great to hear that it's all working for you! Enjoy your purchases! :cool:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Did you happen to back up your data file before wiping everything? If so, it'd be interesting to see what happens when you put the file back onto the phone to restore your scores.

boffer

Oct 8, 2012
Did you happen to back up your data file before wiping everything? If so, it'd be interesting to see what happens when you put the file back onto the phone to restore your scores.

Actually I did not, I decided everything goes and I didn't want anything lingering. But yes that would have been interesting, I should have tried that.

boffer

Oct 8, 2012
Bummer you had to wipe your phone. I hope Elvira and NGG can make up to you for that.

Hilarious. In one of my early posts I had written "And yes Roy, I tried turning it off and on again....." but I didn't think enough people would get it so I deleted it. Should have know fellow pinball fanatics would also appreciate british humor.

Haven't had a chance to play the new tables yet, but I do think they will make up for the hassle :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.