iOS v1.2.2 Landscape-based everything.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I discovered this as well. Why did they change it? It worked fine the other way. Oh well, at least we get portrait! :p

Craig Grannell

Sep 30, 2012
I believe I've found the trick. Rotate the screen to portrait (whichever way, side switch or physical rotation) *at the table's menu*.
Yeah, that's what I was doing elsewhere (until I got in a big huff and just started playing something else instead), but, for some reason, I couldn't get the Star Trek table to play ball. Oh well—I'll keep my three quid until the devs show they have the slightest understanding about and care for user experience.

Soluzar

Dec 20, 2012
I was playing Williams Pinball Classics today. I believe that in the USA it was called Pinball Hall of Fame. The point is, that game has the perfect UI for a Pinball game, IMO. Would love to see TPA look more like that, one day.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
However, the PHoF UI is extremely slow to navigate because of all the animation. Great for consoles, not so much if you want a quick game on your phone or tablet.

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
An easy fix for this is to simply not rotate your device into landscape mode to use the menu interface. Just turn your head to the side when selecting the table. The table will start in portrait mode if your device is in portrait mode when you launch it.

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
thank you soooo much for landscape focus!

I have read over and over complaints about the switch to landscape on ios and I am going to praise farsight for it...try playing on an iPod touch in portrait, seriously try it, I have quite small hands for an adult male and despite this, it's next to impossible to play in portrait mode...sure I can play it, but after 5 minutes my hands are cramping like mad. sure it had landscape mode before but it would take 20 mins to get a game started in landscape without it crashing along the way...

kudos to farsight for the landscape switch

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
While I absolutely think they need to have the option for both landscape and portrait (and its a simple matter to switch to portrait once the table loads), I do have to admite that I've started enjoying the game in landscape. You get a much better view of the play field detail.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.