iOS - Bug iOS VER 1.1.2 Bugs

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Really? That's very odd. I had the post-processing on because I wanted to see how Neon Multiball looked with the new lighting and it took 17 trips to the Side Show to get it to award Neon MB. I was beginning to think that it had somehow been dropped from the list of possible awards.

You know what? Before the update I never got Neon Multiball from the Side Show. Now, every time I fire up CV for the first time Side Show awards it. Not every time. Just the first. I think it should be more random.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Another problem with CV is the gameplay music starts when the ball is fed into the shooter lane. It shouldn't until the ball is launched.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I played a few games of CV, and on my next game another ball was launched after I hit the skillshot. This ball stayed in play until I hit the sideshow, the flippers stopped working during the DMD animation and it drained. Ball one kicked out and carried on as normal.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Playing Black Hole I was in the lower playfield and somehow the ball went through the glass and ended up on the upper playfield. The view did not change and the ball drained a second later.

iphone 4 5.1.1

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Playing Black Hole I was in the lower playfield and somehow the ball went through the glass and ended up on the upper playfield. The view did not change and the ball drained a second later.

iphone 4 5.1.1

This happened to me yesterday, I reported it in the Black Hole section

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Black Hole:
  • Played a game that ended with a captured ball on the lower playfield. Quickly started a new game before the ball could drain from the lower playfield and was able to play with a 2-ball multiball at the start of the new game. Camera was fixed on lower playfield for about 10 seconds before popping back to normal view. Play continued normally after one of the two balls drained.

Medieval Madness:
  • Shot ball into open castle from left flipper. Ball continued out the rear wall of the castle and fed around and down the right orbit. Castle was not destroyed. Made subsequent shot into castle and it was destroyed; ball ejected to the left orbit entrance and play continued normally from that point.

Freep

Jun 4, 2012
CV crashing - I also had this problem on my iPhone 4S & iPad 3. I tried reinstalling to no avail. Finally - this got it to work:

1. Close all background apps, 2. Delete Pinball Arcade, 3. Reboot device, 4. Redownload Pinball Arcade, 5. Reboot Device (perhaps overkill), 6. Start Pinball Arcade, 7. Select and play CV.

To close background apps, double click the Home key, press & hold apps at bottom of the screen & press the red minus sign on the upper left of the app.

To reboot, press and hold the power button & the home key simultaneously until the apple logo appears.

Hopefully this will be of help for some people!

That worked when nothing else did! Thanks!

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
Now, every time I fire up CV for the first time Side Show awards it. Not every time. Just the first. I think it should be more random.

This is a general problem with the PA engine. The first time you play a table, and every time you quit back to the table screen to start a new game, the pinball engine reverts to a fixed state and "random" events will follow a fixed path. (Although I guess that fixed state varies by platform; on my iPad3 I reliably get Amazing Roonie first.) If you start a new game after completing the previous (without quitting out) things will seem more random.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
This is a general problem with the PA engine. The first time you play a table, and every time you quit back to the table screen to start a new game, the pinball engine reverts to a fixed state and "random" events will follow a fixed path. (Although I guess that fixed state varies by platform; on my iPad3 I reliably get Amazing Roonie first.) If you start a new game after completing the previous (without quitting out) things will seem more random.
This is not entirely true, as when I was trying to get Neon MB to see how it looked with the new lighting (not all that spectacular, by the way), I would quit the table if the Sideshow did not give Neon MB. It gave many different things during subsequent games. Also, the voice of the first damsel in MM will not always be the same each time.

MF_

May 23, 2012
Cirqus Voltaire (full version) - the game crashes within 10 seconds on both my iPad 3 & iPhone 4S. I tried rebooting & reinstalling but that did nothing other than erase my achievements and high scores on the devices. I am running the latest OS on both devices. Several other users are reporting this issue on the Pinball Arcade Facebook page as well.

Similar issue on my iPod Touch. Cirqus Voltaire would crash almost immidialty. After I restarted the app about 6 times it stopped crashing.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I might have found a new one in Funhouse. If you change the Nudge setting to Shake, the table continuously shakes uncontrollably until it tilts.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Just ran across another odd bug in Funhouse. I started multiball play, and the camera zoomed back to its plunger position. The flippers went dead and I lost all the balls. Once they drained, I was able to plunge the next ball. Out of dozens of games, this is the first time that happened.

Mudfinger

Jun 6, 2012
BLack Hole Bug
Pretty Much every Multiball there is a glitch ..... camera stays on lower PF all balls drain, game stops. Balls fly magically through glass on lower PF ..........missing balls after returning to top PF. Once in a while I get a normal multiball , but not often enough

starck

Jun 7, 2012
On CV. Started neon multiball and it pulled back to the plunger cam making the flippers and view unplayable.

This just happened to me, iPhone 4, no other apps open, latest OS. (Entire program was deleted + reinstalled with a fresh install after this new update).

What happened: Within 10 seconds into playing CV, I get to the sideshow neon multiball....camera pulls out towards plunger while numerous balls roll across the table, and what appear to be 2 other balls in the plunger simultaneously. Camera didn't go back to normal view, had to restart program.

starck

Jun 7, 2012
Another thing: in the options menu for the camera angle setting, it appears that the labels for 'Low' and 'Top-down' are reversed, and do not correspond to the correct numbers displayed in the upper right hand corner that indicate camera angle durinng gameplay.

Selecting (from the menu): Low (3) gives you a camera position that's actually top-down. Selecting top-down (4) from the menu actually gives you a camera angle that is Low.

Last edited:

Jay

May 19, 2012
Not sure if this is a bug per se, but when I was fighting the Ringmaster in CV the ball got wedged behind the head (before it was fully extended) and wouldn't come out.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.