iOS Version 1.1.5 Bugs and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJFox

May 18, 2012
ok, so the game center support is limited to the hall of fame score only?

when I enter the game center from the game and want to go back to the game again I only get a white screen (the game is still runing in the background, I can hear the music and I can navigate blindly through the menu) and I have to kill the game and start it again (iPhone 4S with 5.1.1, doesn't seem to happen every time)

I registered an account to access the leadboards (why do I have to do this when the game supports game center?) and the scores are messed up:

-) FH shows my CV-score
-) BH shows my TOM-score
-) TOM shows my BH-score
-) CV shows my FH-score

seriously, does anybody test the update before it gets released? I know that no software is without bugs, but with every update there's the same mess and we need to wait for another update to fix it

I mean, I encountered this in the first minute I fired up Pinball Arcade and I don't even played a single game!

I really love Pinball Arcade, I spent countless hours playing it and I bought and will buy every new table that comes out, but the bugs and issues are really very annoying

Greetings

MJFox

Last edited:

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Played both machines 2 games. Blak night, meh, not for me, but i already knew that.

Creature, i thaught it was not for me, but it was so long ago i played it i did like it more i was expecting. Hologram looks like the real deal. Great.

I shortly looked at the gamecnter and points. Registered for farside ranking.

But dont have any clue how it works. And points in game center? What about my scores? I dont care points/achievements.

I only want to compare scores.

And its still asking to get my scores to facebook. Just delete that crap option. I just dont want to see a facebook option cause i will never gonne use it. Just make it an option in general settings or something like that. SO when i put it off i never see facebook or get questions about it in pinball arcade.

MM gap not fixed is very dissapointing.

Last edited:

Chanc3r

Jun 21, 2012
I registered. But on trying to 'Log In' I get thrown out of whole app!
iPhone4-but still on pre-iOS5

I'm having the exact same problem :(

Wish I could roll back to the previous version, I'd sacrifice the new tables to get access to the leaderboards again.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
You can go to leaderboards. exit table, and then goto leaderboards. then yu get an option to choose for gamecenter or farside rankings (last one does not work).

WHen you are in the tablemenu, you get an error when you goto the leaderboards.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Played both machines 2 games. Blak night, meh, not for me, but i already knew that.

Creature, i thaught it was not for me, but it was so long ago i played it i did like it more i was expecting. Hologram looks like the real deal. Great.

I shortly looked at the gamecnter and points. Registered for farside ranking.

But dont have any clue how it works. And points in game center? What about my scores? I dont care points/achievements.

I only want to compare scores.

And its still asking to get my scores to facebook. Just delete that crap option. I just dont want to see a facebook option cause i will never gonne use it. Just make it an option in general settings or something like that. SO when i put it off i never see facebook or get questions about it in pinball arcade.

MM gap not fixed is very dissapointing.

Right now, the Game Center Leaderboard is only for your "Hall of Fame" score, which is a new thing that is sort of like Zen's "Pro Score"....a universal weighted score across all tables, based upon your high score rankings on each table.

I agree that there also needs to be separate Game Center Leaderboards for regular highscores on each table, so that way we could completely disable the Facebook/Farsight leaderboard and just use Game Center if we want to. Hopefully, this is in their future plans.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
excuse me for being a novice, but how are they calculated?

I could be wrong, but I believe your overall "Hall of Fame" score is sort of like Zen's "Pro Score"....a universal weighted score across all tables, based upon your high score rankings on each table....but it only accounts for games you've played since the update.

Last edited:

Iain

Jul 28, 2012
How do you log in? I have game centre ID and that seems to work but what is the actual login on table menu? when I tried it I get a username and password option but I have never registered anywhere else for Pinball Arcade apart from these forums and it doesnt give a register option just the log in?

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
I could be wrong, but I believe your overall "Hall of Fame" score is sort of like Zen's "Pro Score"....a universal weighted score across all tables, based upon your high score rankings on each table....but it only counts for games you've played since the update.

thanks.

none of my wizard goals were transferred to GC. and all my high scores were switched among the tables... so I just decided to do a fresh install. I've only played one game of CV after that and still I'm #2 on the leaderboard...? might see a difference when more people have played more tables tho...

if any FarSight employee see this it would be interesting to know exactly how the leaderboards are calculated. I get the feeling Jeff is right with what he wrote above, but how is the scores for each individual game calculated?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
How do you log in? I have game centre ID and that seems to work but what is the actual login on table menu? when I tried it I get a username and password option but I have never registered anywhere else for Pinball Arcade apart from these forums and it doesnt give a register option just the log in?

There should be the "Create New Account" option on the initial startup screen....but otherwise you can register a new account here:

https://www.pinballanalytics.com/login/register.php

^^^ that is the link that the in-game option takes you to.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Initially I couldn't login after registering the account; now I can login, but when I tap "leaderboards" I get an error about not getting friends scores or something at Farsight. My local scores have been saved which is great, but as someone else noted Game Centre achievements aren't being registered off of them.

To be perfectly honest I'm not too bothered. I would like actual table scores tracked in Game Centre; the whole "achievement" concept can go hang.

Other than the scores trivia the only thing I have to report is my icon is blank, but again not a big deal.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
I dunno man. I still can't access the fb leaderboards. Wtf. It tells me it's for fb users but nowhere is there anywhere to get into it or allow fb. I tried what was mentioned above but no luck. I want to see actual scores of my friends and I. Not points. Also, as was mentioned above, I get errors if I try to access leaderboards from the table menu.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Wait, so Game Center leaderboards are only for that universal thing? Does that mean I'm still comparing scores via Facebook?

What's the point of adding peoples GC names from here then if we don't compare scores?!?

Also, zero updates to ANY of the other tables is a massive disappointment. And on another note, still no PC news :/

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I've just had trouble entering my name after a game of creature. Also after a good game of BK my last ball drained down the left outlane but wasn't registered as lost, calling the attendant did nothing, with the message ' the ball is not missing ' or something like that so had to quit the game. Every month this game gets buggier and buggier.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
ARGH.

Definitely deserves it's own post, but I'm noticing a decent amount of flipper lag on what appears to be all tables. First picked up on it on Creature (which was the first table I tried) but I've noticed a lack of responsiveness on TotAN as well :/ Shots just aren't as easy to hit at all and... yeah, there's definitely a problem. I might delete/reinstall the app and hope that fixes the table (and my table goals don't disappear).

ARGH.

Edit: Okay, I think it might just be with CFtBL (and maybe Black Knight, haven't tested that yet). TotAN seems to be okay now. But CFtBL is *definitely* unresponsive. Damnit!
Edit #2: BK's laggy as well.

Last edited:

Zyo75

Jul 28, 2012
Hello everyone, this is my first post:) i have another problem: i access the fb/fs leaderboards, i see my score but i can't see nothing in the third page where usually i saw my position on the total leaderboard. Even on the new tables score is not registered... Am i the only one with this issue? Tnx everyone.

Problem solved :)

Last edited:

Just Some Guy

Jun 18, 2012
Pinball Analytics account‽ BIG thumbs down from me. :mad:

I thought this update was supposed to eradicate Facebook (still bugs me every time I beat a high score) and move the leaderboards over to Game Center.

I do not want to create a new account just for sharing scores, my friends & family that play do not want to create an account for sharing scores. Everyone already has a Game Center account.

And don’t come up with the excuse that Game Center doesn’t support multiple leaderboards, because several apps that I own use this feature:

I have been a big supporter of The Pinball Arcade, owning multiple copies for each of my family’s devices rather than sharing the account, blindly buying every table pack, and even supporting the Kickstarter project.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Yeah, I think there are now three things to log into with this now. Facebook, Game Center and the FS proprietary one. So adding GC support means literally that... adding it. Not actually integrating it with anything relevant :/

CFTBL and BK are borderline unplayable for me as well due to their unresponsiveness.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Yeah, I think there are now three things to log into with this now. Facebook, Game Center and the FS proprietary one. So adding GC support means literally that... adding it. Not actually integrating it with anything relevant :/

CFTBL and BK are borderline unplayable for me as well due to their unresponsiveness.
"

Strange, plays fine for me on both ipad1 and 3gs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts