iOS Version 1.1.5 Bugs and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
Both BK and Creature are playing great for me on iPad 3. No stuttering even with Game Center enabled. Only issues so far:

- can't log in because I never got the verification email from Farsighted
- On Creature, the Snackbar dome light never lights. Also had intermittent difficulty entering highscore initials.

Besides those minor issues, having a blast with the new tables!

Just Some Guy

Jun 18, 2012
I can confirm the problem with Black Knight having performance issues once you get over 1,000,000 or so. Managed to get to about 1.1M and then drained from the performance problems.

While it still shows my score on the leaderboards, when I went back to the game later today, it said my score of around 600,000 was the #1 spot, despite being listed fourth, and it started awarding me goals that I had already completed again. (Pretty sure it was goal 1)

And I’m not sure if this is an outstanding bug or not, but when playing Black Hole, if you get a ball in one of the captive locks, the game will not progress if you have background audio playing. You need to stop it to release the ball.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Black Knight is very laggy and jerky on my iPad 2. tried rebooting the app, but not the device. no change.

Nerkles

Jul 29, 2012
Cirqus Voltaire is a mess after this update. It gets totally screwed up after locking 2nd ball on highwire. Once that happens, it doesn't adjust view so you can see the plunger when launching a ball, so there's no hope of a skill shot. Also, I can't pinpoint the cause, but once in a while, I see a ball fly out of the right side of the table into the arcade carpeting or whatever the background is outside the table. Then it immediately launches a new ball.

I'm on an iPad 3rd gen. Yes I have rebooted. I have not tried reinstalling because I don't want to lose my scores on all the tables.

multivit

Jul 4, 2012
Both BK and Creature are playing great for me on iPad 3. No stuttering even with Game Center enabled. Only issues so far:

- can't log in because I never got the verification email from Farsighted
- On Creature, the Snackbar dome light never lights. Also had intermittent difficulty entering highscore initials.

Besides those minor issues, having a blast with the new tables!

black knight is fun but so far the buggiest table for me (ipad 3):

- when the 2 or 3 multiball number is displayed it often just keeps on running and one cannot see the score anymore even when multiball is finished
- camera is too slow when launching the ball
- has anybody played with 2 players yet? I did to check out the bonus 30 seconds feature. strange stuff happens: I start a new ball and all off a sudden I get multiball right from the start or there are 2 balls in the plunger (very hard to launch them btw.)
- the ball once went through the upper wall - not a big deal, more a graphic failure

add to this the slow down when achieving game center goals and th eimpossible placement of the magna save and it is fair to say that this table needs an update reaaaally soon!

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
Gorgar has become very laggy after the recent update, and it happens after ca 300k score. also the ball goes through the right flipper in CFTBL quite a lot for me, a real bummer during multiball...

edit: it actually lag all the time. is this the reason I've been looking for to buy the new iPad?...

Last edited:

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
Cirqus Voltaire is a mess after this update. It gets totally screwed up after locking 2nd ball on highwire. Once that happens, it doesn't adjust view so you can see the plunger when launching a ball, so there's no hope of a skill shot. Also, I can't pinpoint the cause, but once in a while, I see a ball fly out of the right side of the table into the arcade carpeting or whatever the background is outside the table. Then it immediately launches a new ball.

I'm on an iPad 3rd gen. Yes I have rebooted. I have not tried reinstalling because I don't want to lose my scores on all the tables.

haven't had the first thing you mention happening to me. the second one, the ball going out from the table to the right, was there already in the version before this. have played maybe 50 games after the update...

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Gorgar has become very laggy after the recent update, and it happens after ca 300k score. also the ball goes through the right flipper in CFTBL quite a lot for me, a real bummer during multiball...

edit: it actually lag all the time. is this the reason I've been looking for to buy the new iPad?...

3rd gen iPad here and I'm seeing this as well. I was just happy I was able to finish the game and save with all table goals re-completed. I've only seen this with Gorgar, so if it is related to Gamecentre as others have suggested I'm kind of surprised it hasn't popped up in other games I've played.

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
3rd gen iPad here and I'm seeing this as well. I was just happy I was able to finish the game and save with all table goals re-completed. I've only seen this with Gorgar, so if it is related to Gamecentre as others have suggested I'm kind of surprised it hasn't popped up in other games I've played.

I concur, I experienced the same with an Ipad 3.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
That happened to me as well (have only been playing offline)! It's a horrible bug! All high scores and goals are reset when the games is completely rebooted (turned off and then on).

FFS!

Just Some Guy

Jun 18, 2012
Can definitely confirm the problems people are having with Ripley's Believe it or Not. It's not a table I normally play much, but I started a game on my iPad 3 due to the new Hall of Fame scoring. After getting my second multiball, the game went into single-digit framerates: Video. (5MB)

The table was stuck like this for about five minutes, and then suddenly went back to playing at full speed again, with random stuttering.

Dpdropout

Jul 18, 2012

This exactly. Highwire multiball 2nd lock doesn't seem to register unless you shake the table. After that, the camera doesn't switch anymore. Once the table registers the loss of that round and gives you the next ball, the camera goes back to normal behaviour.

The ball flying out of the table was there before.

Just Some Guy

Jun 18, 2012
Oh dear, severe framerate problems in Tales of the Arabian Nights too.
Had no problem until I defeated the genie, which then put the game into single-digit framerates until all four balls drained and the animation finished.
The table was fine after that until I got another multiball, where it would then stutter at random.

I also noticed that the game kept missing the skill shot as well. I’d get the animation when the ball goes up the ramp, but then the ball would be in play and it would still be showing me which target to hit, not registering whether I got it or not.

SebWi

Jul 30, 2012
On CFTBL, unlimited millions don't count every time you hit the left loop.
Also, the ball went through an upwards pointed flipper when it came out of the creature-spiral thing when there were two balls in it.
Once extra balls didn't add up correctly (I should have had 2, but only got 1).
And of course the above mentioned bug with entering your initials ;)

_gl

Jul 5, 2012
Major bugs in the latest update:

- balls frequently stutter/freeze, often ruining gameplay. Happens in all games a little (enough to be really distracting), but especially bad in AN. There it seems to be triggered by sounds or animations - it's reproducibly bad when an explosion sound plays several times in a row after throwing a fireball at the genie. And when you rescue the princess, everything slows down to a crawl for most of the rescue animation, balls move at around 2fps, but in ultra slow motion, and the entire animated sequence takes minutes to complete. After that it returns to (glitchy) normal.

Closing all other apps, or a reboot hasn't fixed it - please fix asap as it ruins games.

- blank app icon

- Leaderboard button almost always fails with "FarSigh - A friends list error occurred. Log in again to correct this". I had created an account, and logging in again doesn't necessarily fix it. I've only seen it actually work about twice.

Old bugs (still present):

- in MM you can get two balls sitting in the Wizard hole simultaneously (impossible).
- sometimes in AN, the ball gets stuck in the Bazar hole. It keeps trying to kick out but fails - if you nudge the table, it comes back.

Last edited:

mesabassman

May 21, 2012
BK problem as well on my ipad 3. Scored over a million caused stuttering like crazy. also after my 3rd ball it gave me 3 more! I hope they put in a fix quick.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
The only way I cured the stuttering was to go into Options and set Game Center Save: Off.

Early days yet but I've had about an hour of stutter-free play since (and I was getting it reliably within 30 seconds of starting a game of BK before).

@mesabassman - BK is astonishingly buggy. I keep finding more and more things wrong with it. Some are just inaccuracies with the actual machine but some are outright (and game-breaking) bugs.

BrentMpls

Jul 9, 2012
Well I was able to buy new tables on my iPhone, at which point I was able to download them on my iPad, so that worked around the problem of it freezing once I clicked buy and nothing happening on my iPad.

Cirqus Voltaire is a mess after this update. It gets totally screwed up after locking 2nd ball on highwire. Once that happens, it doesn't adjust view so you can see the plunger when launching a ball, so there's no hope of a skill shot.

I've also seen this happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts