Bug iOS Version 1.2.1 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbied13

May 31, 2012
Bug Description: Twilight Zone
Jackpot animation and sound is too fast
During some door panel modes, (clock chaos, spiral, fast lock)- the background music should stop immediately when the mode starts. Example- during clock chaos there should be no sound (other than the clock) when you hear "Time is a one way street....). This happens in other modes too.
There is an orange plastic between the left inlanes that should be yellow
Orange & yellow pop bumper caps should be swapped
Slingshot plastics are too dark

The colors are great, table plays fast on ipad3, exceeded my expectations. Would love to see a menu option for 3rd magnet and 9.4h roms!
:cool:

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Device/OS: 3GS Ipad 2 both IOS 5.1.1

Bug Description: With camera 3 locked it still zooms into the skillshot area when you plunge the ball. In the top-left it shows a "1" but it should show a "3".

Steps to reproduce: Play TZ with camera 3 locked.

Frequency: 100% of the time.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
Same here, though the pause button is nonfunctional in my case. I have to back out of TPA completely and reboot the iPad each time I finish.

iPad3/iOS6

I have the same issue, but don't need to reboot the iPad. If you kill the running app and relaunch, it works fine. IE: Go back to the iOS home screen, double-tap the home button, hold your finger on the Pinball Arcade icon until it starts shaking and tap on the minus sign. Tap the home button to return to the desktop and re-launch TPA. Should save you a good amount of time instead of rebooting. Very frustrating problem indeed.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
Sometimes I can't even get Scared Stiff to start a game when in pro mode. Anyone else have this happen to them? iPad3/IOS6

Polyh3dron

Dec 2, 2012
Device/OS: 3rd Gen iPad / iOS

Bug Description: All purchases have disappeared after activating Twilight Zone Kickstarter Purchase

Steps to reproduce: 1. Purchase nearly every available Pinball Arcade table
2. Donate to Twilight Zone Kickstarter
3. Follow instructions to log out and back into my Farsight account in order to activate my Twilight Zone purchase
4. My Twilight Zone purchase is activated, but every single other table I purchased is now unavailable unless I purchase it again.

Frequency:

MAT

Oct 29, 2012
Device/OS: iPad3 / IOS 5.1.1 / Pinball Arcade Free 1.2.1

Bug Description: Yesterday I purchased the table pack with Scared Stiff and Big Shot. Big Shot works ok, but I cannot complete the game in Scared Stiff. I can play the game normally, but when all balls are drained the game gets stuck, it just shows the table and not the Final Score screen.

Steps to reproduce: Drain all balls in Scared Stiff.

- If the score is high enough for the local high scores: the game asks initials, but after inputting them the game gets stuck (but the dot matrix display runs, shows the scores etc.), I can't do anything but kill Pinball Arcade from IOS. The high score and goals are not saved.

- If the score is NOT high enough for the local high scores: the game seems stuck like above, but I can tap the pause button and quit the table. Call Attendant does't want to do anything ("ball not stuck"). The goals are not saved.

Frequency: always

Scared Stiff is unplayable because I can't save high scores or complete goals. I already tried removing and re-downloading the game and rebooting the iPad. I hope this will be resolved, before that I won't buy any more tables.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
TZ Bug:

Enter Pro menu, turn ON operator menu. DIsmiss popup saying high scores won't be saved blah blah blah. Go back, and back again to the table itself. Tap Start. ROM resets and waits for operator input. The only way out is to after turning ON operator menu, tap Open Coin Door, then tap back, and everything is back to working (as in you can play a game now). Do NOT just turn on operator menu.

Hall of Fame Bug:
STTNG is listed at the bottom! I guess we can try to hack our way into a perfect STTNG HoF score?

ClaudeHenrySmoot

Apr 27, 2012
Ipad3 - current OS

As others have said:

- Lost in the Zone completion leaves the camera focused on the upper playfield. I nudged the table and was able to get a ball ready to plunge. THEN, the camera got stuck on the plunger - unable to use flippers. Not sure if this caused it, but I noticed a ball stuck under the right upper flipper while this was going on. Had to end a great game by watching 2 balls drain with the flippers dead.

- Scared Stiff STILL spitting balls up into the Deadhead lanes from the skill shot scoop.

- Having same issues as everyone else re: losing purchase history. I have to keep logging out/in.

Nov 13, 2012
Device/OS: iPhone 4

Bug Description: When getting the high score on for a table, the achievement doesn't register. This has happened on two tables, No Good Gofers and The Twilight Zone.

There are two similar Achievements: "Get the top score for Twilight Zone/No Good Gofers" and "Got a score in the top 5 on Twilight Zone/No Good Gofers"

On both of these tables it only registers a completion for the second "Got a score in the top 5," even though I have the high score on both tables.

Steps to reproduce: Not really a reproducible bug, but maybe try to complete all the achievements on an iOS device?

Frequency: 100%

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Sometimes I can't even get Scared Stiff to start a game when in pro mode. Anyone else have this happen to them? iPad3/IOS6

Just let it reboot the ROM and wait till you see 'press start' on the DMD. You can't even start a real table until it finished saving its new settings :)

Anyway the end of game bug makes me really scratch my head... Did no one play a single game before they released it?! strange...

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
Just let it reboot the ROM and wait till you see 'press start' on the DMD. You can't even start a real table until it finished saving its new settings :)

Anyway the end of game bug makes me really scratch my head... Did no one play a single game before they released it?! strange...

Yeah, I figured that out this morning about letting it finish booting the rom. I was just a victim of the end of game bug.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Device/OS: ipad3 ios 5.1.1

Bug Description:blackhole
hitting captive ball on lower playfeild sometimes makes the active ball appear to teleport topside while still keeping the camera zoomed which keads to a ball drain
Steps to reproduce:

capture a ball on the lower pf and keep hitting it

Frequency: around 10 games its happened in 2-3

Last edited:

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 3 5.1.1 , iPad mini 6.0.1

Bug Description: TOTAN no ball to plunge after lock during a mode, random super skill shots awarded through ramp shot during regular play. After second ball locked, lock is still lit and awards a ball '1 locked' by shooting it. Ball get sucked into the machine, but not released at the plunger.

Steps to reproduce:light and shoot lock while in a mode (so far rocs, horse, camel race), the machine refuses to release a ball to the plunger. Neither ball search nor attendant will help.
Just had the bug while not in a mode. After second lock, the locks keep being lit and award a locked ball 1 when you shot the lock again.

Frequency: so far 3 of 5 times (if a superskillshot was awarded during regular play, it's almost certain, the next lock shot will trigger this behavior)

I'm playing tournament, not sure if ROMs tournament setting causing this. The ball gets locked correctly and DMD shows animation but no ball to the plunger.
While we're at it, why are the extra balls enabled in tournament?

Thanks,
Mario.

Last edited:

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
Has anyone else gotten a blue screen upon starting the app? It said something about "user memory." I quit the app and started it again and it worked fine. Strange.

MJFox

May 18, 2012
Has anyone else gotten a blue screen upon starting the app? It said something about "user memory." I quit the app and started it again and it worked fine. Strange.

happened to me as well, it happened when I rotated my iPad while the App was starting (I don't know if this is related to this though), happened just once and never again

greetings

MJFox

Dominic Angelone

Dec 5, 2012
Harley Davidson third edition. Issue is the table crashes to blue screen as soon a you press the table select button on the main menu. Only table to do this.

iPad 2, iOS 6

Error report is

Out of memory
File:/USERS/Jamesmanning/Perforce/jmanningMACIV/pinballS
Line:804

NOT SET - Continue
NOT SET - Disable this breakpoint
NOT SET - Disable all breakpoints

Have to reset iPad in order to get game to reset. Only affects this one table.

Gus Smedstad

Dec 6, 2012
A work-around for apps that aren't behaving nicely due to memory issues: you can close apps by double-clicking the Home button. That will give you a list of icons across the bottom of all apps that are currently running. Press and hold one and they'll all start to vibrate, like when you're arranging icons. Clicking the red "not" symbol on the app forces it to close. Often, closing the app in question (i.e. Pinball Arcade) will fix the issue by forcing it to reload, but if it's a memory issue, you might also try closing everything this way if that doesn't work.

Yeah, it's a little clumsy and slow if you have to close a lot of apps, but it's faster than rebooting the iPad.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
Harley Davidson third edition. Issue is the table crashes to blue screen as soon a you press the table select button on the main menu. Only table to do this.

iPad 2, iOS 6

Error report is

Out of memory
File:/USERS/Jamesmanning/Perforce/jmanningMACIV/pinballS
Line:804

NOT SET - Continue
NOT SET - Disable this breakpoint
NOT SET - Disable all breakpoints

I got that same blue screen when I started the app, even with nothing running in the background and a fresh restart.

Also, I had to reinstall the app to get my pause and camera buttons back.

schizm8

Dec 6, 2012
I have the same issue in Scared Stiff regarding not getting an "end of game" screen on my ipod 4th gen/iOS 6 after completing a game. Real bummer because it makes saving high scores impossible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.