Bug iOS Version 1.2.10 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for iOS version 1.2.10 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
iPhone4, iOS 6.1.3

Cannot restore purchased tables released before the Space Shuttle/White Water pack.

See http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...rsion-1-2-9-Bugs?p=80591&viewfull=1#post80591 and http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...rsion-1-2-9-Bugs?p=80683&viewfull=1#post80683 for complete details.

As I use two other iDevices to play TPA, this bug doesn't affect me very much, but it seems that other iPhone4 (and earlier?) owners may not be so sanguine.

EDIT: Not a bug (!)(?)

I sent this bug report off to FS Support, and they responded very quickly with a form response that did shed light on several potential causes of this problem. One cause (the one that applied to me) is that Apple tracks IAP per app (duh), and TPA Free is not TPA Paid (d'oh!). I ran TPA Free for months before buying TPA Paid, at which time my purchased tables automagically appeared in the Paid version, so I deleted TPA Free and didn't worry about anything. BUT, if you're in need of a restore, you gotta restore purchases into the app from which the tables were originally purchased. So, in short, download both Free and Paid versions of TPA and restore purchased tables in both - all tables will then show in both versions. Then you can delete TPA Free and TPA Paid will still contain all tables. It's a few hurdles, but it works.

Thanks, FarSight!

Last edited:

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
Notes say TOTAN is updated to v6. Game didn't update so I went to manage tables to update. Now the able is missing from list. TPA crashed and on return TOTAN is playable at v5 but still missing from the manage tables list. :confused:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Notes say TOTAN is updated to v6. Game didn't update so I went to manage tables to update. Now the able is missing from list. TPA crashed and on return TOTAN is playable at v5 but still missing from the manage tables list. :confused:
If you have the paid version, TOTAN is built into the app, and so doesn't show up separately on the Manage Tables list.

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
Device/OS: iPod Touch 4g iOS 5.1.1

Bug Description: Whirlwind is as impossible to play as Cirqus Voltaire and Ripley's. Horribly laggy and floaty, half speed with double reaction time.

Steps To Reproduce: Play Whirlwind.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: I also have an iPod touch 4g here on ios 6.1.3 so I will heck it out on there to see if it's the same.

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
iPhone4, iOS 6.1.3

Cannot restore purchased tables released before the Space Shuttle/White Water pack.

See http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...rsion-1-2-9-Bugs?p=80591&viewfull=1#post80591 and http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...rsion-1-2-9-Bugs?p=80683&viewfull=1#post80683 for complete details.

As I use two other iDevices to play TPA, this bug doesn't affect me very much, but it seems that other iPhone4 (and earlier?) owners may not be so sanguine.

EDIT: Not a bug (!)(?)

I sent this bug report off to FS Support, and they responded very quickly with a form response that did shed light on several potential causes of this problem. One cause (the one that applied to me) is that Apple tracks IAP per app (duh), and TPA Free is not TPA Paid (d'oh!). I ran TPA Free for months before buying TPA Paid, at which time my purchased tables automagically appeared in the Paid version, so I deleted TPA Free and didn't worry about anything. BUT, if you're in need of a restore, you gotta restore purchases into the app from which the tables were originally purchased. So, in short, download both Free and Paid versions of TPA and restore purchased tables in both - all tables will then show in both versions. Then you can delete TPA Free and TPA Paid will still contain all tables. It's a few hurdles, but it works.

Thanks, FarSight!

Also if ur jailbroken you can just copy over ur files, from the private documents folder and you shouldn't have to do it next time around...alternatively, you can purchase the tables again on ur paid version and file a ticket with applte for purchasing the same content twice and if u have the email receipts they will have no problems refunding you, and u should never have the problem again. (only refunds given for IAP are for purchasing the same content twice)

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Please fix sound level issues (particularly the spinning disk sounds) on WW, otherwise it seems pretty good.

iPad 3

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Device/OS: iPad4 / iOS 6.1.3

Bug Description: Multiple tables - "Troll Bomb"-equivalent items are used when nudging the table.

Steps To Reproduce: Play MM, MB, or Champion Pub. Acquire one or more Troll Bombs / Monster Bombs / Smart Punches. Start the appropriate mode wherein you can use the collected bomb(s). Nudge. One bomb will be used for every nudge until you're out of bombs.

Additional Comments: This bug appears to have been around since May 2012 (in MM). I'll add this to the Champion Pub table forum if a mod would kindly create it?

E-mail sent to FS support.

Last edited:

bps

Jun 29, 2013
Device/OS: iPad 2 / iOS 6.1.3

Bug Description: Choosing "Manage Tables" results in a crash.

Steps To Reproduce: Select "Manage Tables".

Additional Comments: I've tried rebooting the iPad, but no dice.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
"Manage Tables" works here, iPad4 / iOS 6.1.3

Have you tried deleting the app (after doing a "Back up save data" -> Remote) and reinstalling it (and then "Restore save data" -> Remote)?

Yeah, it's a PITA restoring tables but it might work.

Last edited:

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Device/OS: iPad4 / iOS 6.1.3

Bug Description: Champion Pub's Replay (extra ball) sound is weak.

Steps To Reproduce: Get an extra ball and listen.

Additional Comments: Reminds me of CV. :p

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I had a score not post to the leaderboards for WW. I was in my reliable usual wifi. iPhone 4S newest software. Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: Happened to me twice now. Checked my internet connection and everything/logged in, etc.

Last edited:

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I bought the 2 new tables on iPhone4S and updated all the tables, no problem

Then I turned on the ipad2 and downloaded the tables again and went through starting each one as usual. When TZ is in the centre of the screen, it crashes. Won't let me start TZ. No idea if this is one table related or not, but was all fine before the update.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Centaur: earning the special does not reward an extra ball. Showing a credit on the display instead

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
Device/OS: iPhone 4 - 6.1.3

Bug Description: crashing, missing/wrong sounds, low frame rate on all tables

Steps To Reproduce: Start Whirlwind or Press Manage Tables button

Frequency: every time

Additional Comments:

This latest release has completely broken TPA on my iPhone 4. It causes the frame rate to get so bad that I have to restart my phone to get TPA working at the right speed again. The sound in Whirlwind is atrocious; it has missing, repeating, stretched out and wrong sounds. For instance "Looks like rain!" is missing. I also noticed the physics don't feel right, almost like the scripting went haywire. The ball travels in an erratic fashion at times even when the plates aren't moving. I also noticed the crash bug of hitting the manage tables button is back again.

It's beginning to feel like maybe the Farsight team needs to think about using a different engine or getting some fresh dev blood in the mix. Because, every time a new set of tables comes out, something else gets broken. Not to mention tables like Circus Voltaire still haven't been fixed. I've sent my bug report in, here's hoping these issues get resolved quickly. How do disturbing bugs like this even make it to release when you can't miss them?! :(

Lou Villanueva

Mar 9, 2012
I had a score not post to the leaderboards for WW. I was in my reliable usual wifi. iPhone 4S newest software. Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: Happened to me twice now. Checked my internet connection and everything/logged in, etc.

This just happened to me in champion pub...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts