Bug iOS Version 1.2.11 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Here's some more on my end...

Using the iPad 4 with TPA v1.2.11 and all the newest updated tables, I (gasp) turn post processing on and run through the tables, not actually playing them but just sitting at the fly-over for each table...

On all the tables, the fly-over is quite smooth and may actually be playable (I attribute this to the faster iPad 4; the iPad 3 was pretty much stutter-ville)...that is, all tables EXCEPT for Whirlwind which stutters MUCH more that the other tables. Now understand that I'm not looking to play any table with post processing enabled, I just used it as a stress-test which reveals that *something* is going on with WW which makes it stutter much more than the others, and is likely the reason that it's stuttering with post processing off and the scrolling camera on.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
The HHR bug is back on Whirlwind. You can never get the top local score on Whirlwind because HHR always pops up slightly ahead of you, even when you've beat its previous high score.

Wizened

Jun 10, 2012
The HHR bug is back on Whirlwind. You can never get the top local score on Whirlwind because HHR always pops up slightly ahead of you, even when you've beat its previous high score.

This.

As for the stutter, still there but either I'm getting used to it or it's diminished slightly. I think I'd rather be able to put the high score on the board than be stutter-free (if they only fix one issue).

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I've gotten to testing the iPad 3 and the results are shown below. As others have reported here, there is NO stutter on the iPad 3 running the same iOS version and TPA version as the iPad 4. So it appears to be an issue with how TPA runs on the iPad 4 or how the iPad 4 runs TPA (same difference?). My last test is going to be the restore the iPad 4 as a *new device* and briefly test it in that condition for the stutter. If there is no stutter in this "set up as new" configuration, it must be an issue with how my restored backup from the iPad 3 runs on the iPad 4 (I did not setup the iPad 4 as a new device but instead used my backup from the iPad 3 on the iPad 4).

Are there any iPad 4's users on the beta team?

Pad 4 (iOS v6.1.3) TPA v1.2.10/WW table v2.0 - NO stutter
iPad 4 (iOS v6.1.3) TPA v1.2.11/WW table v3.0 - visible stutter

iPhone 5 (iOS v6.1.0) TPA v1.2.10/WW table v2.0 - NO stutter
iPhone 5 (iOS v6.1.0) TPA v1.2.11/WW table v2.0 - NO stutter

iPad 3 (iOS v6.1.3) TPA v1.2.10/WW table v2.0 - NO stutter
iPad 3 (iOS v6.1.3) TPA v1.2.11/WW table v3.0 - NO stutter

Last edited:

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Thanks for reporting the info MadScience2006. I'm interested in hearing what your results are after you do the clean restore.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Here are my findings. I restored the iPad 4 as a *new device* (not from a previous backup), put nothing else on the device except for TPA (both free and paid versions, same as from my backup) and tested with the same results as before: mild stuttering of WW on both the fly-over and in gameplay using camera 2, unlocked. Even with the locked camera, I can still sense the stuttering between when the ball launches and the camera pans to center itself and lock itself over the table.

So whatever stuttering is there will be there even if you restore the iPad 4 as a new device. Like I said in a previous post, the stuttering "appears to be an issue with how TPA runs on the iPad 4 or how the iPad 4 runs TPA (same difference?)."

If you're looking to try to resolve the stuttering by restoring the iPad 4 as new, you probably shouldn't bother since it won't help (it didn't on my end). And in case you missed my previous post(s), the iPad 3 running the same TPA version / table version under the same iOS version runs perfectly smooth, no stuttering whatsoever.

rosborn

Jun 9, 2013
Device/OS: iPad mini / iOS 6.1.2

Bug Description: Taxi - There seems to be a cheat enabled on the skill shot such that pulling the plunger all of the way back always results in the 100K value on the Spin-Out.

Steps To Reproduce: Pull the plunger back as far as possible and shoot the ball.

Frequency: Always

Additional Comments:

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Champ. Pub. Ipad2, IOS5: often the Ball will not jump when playing the jump rope. Touching the screen does nothing, the ball goes down, not even jumping once.

Wizened

Jun 10, 2012
iPad 4, latest everything:
Local high scores not "sticking" on Pinbot. Still showing up on Leader Boards, just not local. No points awarded there either for "high" score.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Touching the tournament button closes the application instantly. Ipad3, 4s and iPad mini.

Server issues?!

Ccavsman

Feb 11, 2013
Bug - bride of pinbot

Device/OS: Ipad3...IOS 6.1.3

Bug Description: When getting the ball in to the first eye for partial link up, sometimes it will spit it out into the metal tube, and the ball sits there.... Everything stops... It then goes to a close up of her face, the ball is discarded, and then you can hear the mechanics, chunk chunk chunk... Then her face turns... And it stays like that, the face turns every so often, and the mechanic sound like its trying to get a ball to put in the chute for a launch, but it never occurs. When you call for attendant, it puts the ball in the chute but it gets stuck again when you hit the shuttle launch ramp and it ends up back in her eye and so on.

Steps To Reproduce: Achieve partial link... After you've achieved Metamorphosis. This is when it normally happens to me. And it happens every time I get that far. It seems like when you are going backward from metamorphosis it happens during repartial link.

Frequency: every time eventually after achieving metamorphosis.

Additional Comments:
Attendant does reset ball in the launch chute,, but it happens again... You cant nudge or anything... It will tilt eventually, and then you have to quit game. Ive had great games when I've hit metamorphosis, and achieved the billionionares club goal, but when it goes back it always gets hung up in the first eye socket partial link step.

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts