iOS Version 1.2.5 Discussion And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
And that's what I meant about consistency. The ramps on Funhouse are transparent. So if they could do it for that table, CFtBL and mostly too for Canyon, why not for Gofers? The same with camera angles: every table seems to have a different "camera 1" position. I just don't get it.

That said, when they get it right (as with Funhouse) TPA is the best pinball simulation ever.

You know I couldn't agree more.

Gofers is the most jarring. It literally ruins the entire tables playability. If the ball goes anywhere near the outlanes, it's like "uhh wut do I do" because you can't see to even make a call. Same with the upper flipper: what the hell am I even shooting at? The ramps were made transparent for a very, very good reason in real life Gofers...

There is literally no excuse for making transparent ramps opaque. I've heard a Farsight employee is quoted saying that it's a hardware issue... Yeah right. Pull up Arabian Nights, a launch table, and it has very huge, very transparent ramps.

I also want to mention that I brought this up a long time ago with Gofers. Jeff actually argued with me that he's in favor of it and that it adds to the table. No body really came to back me up and it's never been brought up or mentioned ever again. I would like to see it brought up to Bobby in the next questions segment. So if you guys feel the same then definitely continue to make noise about it and I'll certainly back you guys up.

Bottom line even if you like opaque ramps (I can't imagine why anyone would, especially when they obstruct gameplay), the original tables have transparent ramps, so there's no argument. Filling them in makes the table less authentic, period.

Also appologies for all this editing and deleting old posts. Trying to conduct clear thoughts while struggling with editing posts from an Iphone is quite a chore. On PC now so I can actually get this done sheesh :)

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Wanted to add to the discussion: has anyone else noticed that music tracks play over each other? This happens on many of the DMD tables. Easiest example that you can test yourself: play Medieval Madness and launch a Catapult item. The normal music never stops, the Catapult track just plays overtop...

it's very noticeable if you are used to the console version. Happens on AfM and Cactus Canyon too. Don't know how that would even happen if it's simply playing from ROM...

Jay

May 19, 2012
has anyone else noticed that music tracks play over each other?

Funhouse had that problem (oddly not at first but after a few updates) and a few other tables, I think. It's probably a bug. Funhouse was fixed, so Canyon will probably get a fix eventually. I haven't noticed that problem on AfM; perhaps it's platform-specific?

I do wish Farsight would spend more time on fixing the tables we already have, rather than continually releasing new ones that are buggy. It's gotten to a point where I'm afraid to spend money on the tables, because I'm losing trust in the game quality. I now wait to hear how others react to the releases before I jump in.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Considering the graphic power of all major tablets is at least doubling per year, we should be able to manage a real transparency.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Considering the graphic power of all major tablets is at least doubling per year, we should be able to manage a real transparency.
The newer devices can. It's the old phones and tablets that FarSight doesn't want to abandon that are the issue.

night

May 18, 2012
The newer devices can. It's the old phones and tablets that FarSight doesn't want to abandon that are the issue.

But why is there good transparency texturing in the older tables like TOTAN, BOB, FH, TOM, etc.? And check the table artwork of these tables and compare it to the newer tables: the old tables have all razor-sharp texturing while the new tables are blurry and way too low-res... The older tables have much more advanced graphics quality. And there could be 2 important reasons for this: 1. the graphics team that did them had talent(!). 2. the graphics where made for the mobiles exclusively, while now they are downgraded version of the consoles.. This is what's wrong with TPA's graphics standards today.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I think that prior to the release of the app they had a lot more time to work on the original 4 tables than they have now with the release schedule and number of platforms growing. They just don't have the man power to keep up the standard that we all hold them to.

night

May 18, 2012
I think that prior to the release of the app they had a lot more time to work on the original 4 tables than they have now with the release schedule and number of platforms growing. They just don't have the man power to keep up the standard that we all hold them to.

In my opinion, CC has one of the lowest graphics standards till date. This is not going in the right direction, and I am certainly not going to pay €4,49 for a table looking like this. I am sorry, but I refuse to do that. That is how much I care about graphics, I refuse to look at (and play) a downgraded console version's rushed piece of work. No offense to FarSight, if this is what they can do then so be it. But then I am out.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
One positive is that they do put an effort to fix the tables, it just takes a long time!

Anni2712

Aug 8, 2012

Agree, they should take a timeout from monthly releases and focus for fixing and optimizing current tables. I already took a timeout from buying new tables...

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Twilight Zone has far too many "magic" left outlane drains...

Having played a real life Twilight Zone now, left outlanes are the least drainy area.

Feel like they screwed it up since people complained it wasn't "hard enough". Now it's not where near as fun and the left outlane is annoying.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Twilight Zone has far too many "magic" left outlane drains...

Having played a real life Twilight Zone now, left outlanes are the least drainy area.

Feel like they screwed it up since people complained it wasn't "hard enough". Now it's not where near as fun and the left outlane is annoying.
That TZ must not be set up very hard, or it leans right. Find a real TZ that has recently been used for league or tournament play, have a few games on it and then tell me what you think of its left outlane. :p

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The left outlane isn't too bad on the one I play. But I find that TZs vary more in the wild than any other table. All of the ones I've played seem to play very different from each other.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Ours has a super reliable slot kickout (like pba) but weak pops. Probably why I'm not losing the ball as much on the left.

Leveling isn't the issue in fact, it's actually leveled -Left-. Yea. Cause ill get stuck balls in the left side of the power. Ball search will get it, there's actually no tilt but my God is this table heavy. This is no stern game ill say that much.

I almost got Lost in the Zone and this machine has a broken right ramp diverter. That means next to no piano shots... Almost all panels have to be earned either via the power or slot machine.

Anyways getting back on topic... I just did 4 LoZ in a row and 6 billion ball so no worries on difficulty lol. Just had to get used to the tiny screen again.

One thing all TZ has in common: bricked shots to the lock. I can't understand how some times it feels so perfect and other times it'll brick 3 or 4 times in a row. Real machine, obviously pba version fixes that issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.