Iron & Steel Pack (CastleStorm and Wild West Rampage)

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I got the tables on ps3 just fine yesterday - but I had to go through a system update, a store update, and then a zen pinball update. 45 minutes later I was playing.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
For those worried than zen pinball is becoming too easy (venom) - I assure you the Wild West table is NOT easy... You really have to work for kickbacks, no ball savers (that I can find) and extra balls are "around" but certainly not gratuitous. Fun and challenging table for sure.

Yes Wild West seems to be the one that is challenging enough. Love the train mini tables as you go from car to car, it has different targets and bumpers. Regardless if you go through all the cars you still lock the ball for train MB. I'm sure how far you get determines the score fro jackpots. Haven't quite got through all the cars though.

All the modes are really interesting IMO. Timers are just long enough IMO for some of the main modes. Definitely one to look into more. Very cool table Definitely my favorite of the 2.

Castle Storm is going to be one of those marathon tables. Many of the modes ramp up as you repeat them. Sky falls is the most challenging mission on this table. Your shots have to be accurate. As you are trying to shoot the lit lanes, the dragon randomly breathes fire and blocks 2-3 lanes. most of the time the lane you need is blocked by fire. There is no timer. You either hit the the 6 lit lanes or your balls burn 6 times.

to start missions complete modes or go up the center lane and storm the castle then mission will lite up. The shot is kind of awkward but once you get it. You can easily start missions.

The troll mission is interesting. You shoot the drop targets to reveal the hole and go into the hole 3 times. Best backhand the shot. Shooting with the left flipper could easily go SDTM. It is a fun table but the marathon part will turn me away.

Last edited:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
And it has a new menu interface grouped by category - zen, marvel, star wars, South Park, walking dead, the soccer one... Not sure why sorcers lair is all by its lonesome...

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
And it has a new menu interface grouped by category - zen, marvel, star wars, South Park, walking dead, the soccer one... Not sure why sorcers lair is all by its lonesome...

Because Sorcerer's Lair 2 is coming, perhaps? :)

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Because Sorcerer's Lair 2 is coming, perhaps? :)

That would be awesome!!! I started thinking that it's the free game when people download the app so they have something accessible and in their face - but I like you idea better ( although they should both prob just go in the zen folder)

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
That would be awesome!!! I started thinking that it's the free game when people download the app so they have something accessible and in their face - but I like you idea better ( although they should both prob just go in the zen folder)

me too. not a fan of the new UI. especially having to buy marvel as a separate app to get all the tables.

bought the new tables and played a game of each. wild west seems fun. too into addams family at the moment to give them a real test drive right now. but i'm all for Zen continuing to do original tables and +1 me for a Sorcerer's Lair 2.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
me too. not a fan of the new UI. especially having to buy marvel as a separate app to get all the tables.

bought the new tables and played a game of each. wild west seems fun. too into addams family at the moment to give them a real test drive right now. but i'm all for Zen continuing to do original tables and +1 me for a Sorcerer's Lair 2.

Only marvel table NOT available in the zen app that you need to have the marvel app for is spider-man - weird licensing issue.

The sorcery lair is presented standalone because it is the free app - they don't want noob having to dig around to play something. (Confirmed with Barbie/bobby over at zen)

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
had a good game on castle storm. played some more WWR. these two tables def won't be my favorite. but the price is right and i like the themes.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
The outlanes are a little hungry but bangbacks are VERY effective on this table.

One nudging characteristic unique to zen tables - nudging when the ball is rolling down the middle does almost nothing - nudging with the ball is near the outlanes flings it clear to the other side of the table - I can almost always save a ball from the outlanes. Never have done a bang back - digitally or IRL - any tips on doing a bang back on this new table?

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
One nudging characteristic unique to zen tables - nudging when the ball is rolling down the middle does almost nothing - nudging with the ball is near the outlanes flings it clear to the other side of the table - I can almost always save a ball from the outlanes. Never have done a bang back - digitally or IRL - any tips on doing a bang back on this new table?

Like most if not all the Zen tables lift a flipper ( the one where the ball is draining from ) and push the analog stick you nudge with down.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I find with nudges on Zen, you get one good chance to give it a great nudge. Sometimes going from months on PBA to Zen, not that I use the nudge that often in PBA, but sometimes times it takes me a game sometimes to remember Zen is unforgiving when one tries to nudge too much.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015

Yeah I like that idea better too but that's not the case. Darn.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Yeah I could see them making a great sequal to sorcerers lair. we had a pretty good hive mind brain storming thread over on the zen forum, and collectively there were 100s of great non licensed themes and ideas you could make a good pinball table out of. So they are not hurting enough for ideas that they need to start making sequals, but I think they could and should for some of these tables!

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Yeah I could see them making a great sequal to sorcerers lair. we had a pretty good hive mind brain storming thread over on the zen forum, and collectively there were 100s of great non licensed themes and ideas you could make a good pinball table out of. So they are not hurting enough for ideas that they need to start making sequals, but I think they could and should for some of these tables!

Yeah, agreed. Their original tables have been great. With some of the more popular ones, I also think a sequel or two would be interesting. I read the forum over there and have posted a few things.... and learned quite a bit :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.