is it just me.......

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
...... or does anyone else find it rediculous that tz will be coming out shortly and some of us will not be able to get our rewards due to the pc version not being released as of yet.

In all honesty i would have rather donated to a kickstarter to set up pc distribution than to get the tz license.

Really starting to lose faith in this company

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
It's not really farsights fault, if crave hadn't gone bankrupt then pinball arcade would still have a publisher and if they had a publisher they would be able to just get released on steam without this greenlight nonsence. basically pinball arcade is duking it out with all the independents who are trying to get their game greenlit. I desperately need the pc version to come out as well. my asus transformer stopped working, it gave me a good 2 year run but now the screen has white splotches on it and it only turns on if I plug it into the wall because the screen on/off button doesn't work. and they stopped releasing tables for xbox till who knows when... I'm basically in a position where I need to spend money I currently don't have on a new device, even though I have a perfectly working xbox 360 and a really nice gaming pc. My addiction to pinball arcade is pretty bad and twilight zone is about to come out, man I need that pc version to come out.

karl

May 10, 2012
I am pretty sure all who have backed the kickstarter and choose the pc option will get a standalone edition of TZ direct from Farsight if there is no other solution available by the time it is ready to go. Since there is no payment involved they do not need steam or other distribution networks to give away kickstarter gifts. This would probably be a standalone exe just for TZ.

epthegeek

Mar 30, 2012
Whenever the PC version finally comes it'll be like a surprise at this point. I've long since given up actively waiting for it and paying attention to release news. I just come check here and their facebook every now and then to see if there's any update. Still nothing.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I don't understand why it is so hard to find a distributor. Its not going to make a huge amount of money for a distributor but on the other hand it seems like a turn key distribution.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I am pretty sure all who have backed the kickstarter and choose the pc option will get a standalone edition of TZ direct from Farsight if there is no other solution available by the time it is ready to go. Since there is no payment involved they do not need steam or other distribution networks to give away kickstarter gifts. This would probably be a standalone exe just for TZ.
I don't think distribution itself is the issue that's holding up the PC release...it's likely the DRM. FarSight needs something like Steam or Origin that has DRM tools so that they can make sure the license/royalties are properly accounted for and that there aren't a bunch of pirated copies of TPA running around, which could become a serious legal issue with all the licensing FarSight has secured.

So in that same vein, I don't think FarSight could just give PC backers a standalone TZ table, unless they went through the effort of implementing a DRM scheme themselves (which is very hard to do effectively in a way that is not overly invasive of customer's machines).

karl

May 10, 2012
You could be right Sean. For some reason I thought they could bypass the ugly DRM monster for kickstarter giveaways.

Rob Mann

FarSight Employee
Nov 7, 2012
I don't think distribution itself is the issue that's holding up the PC release...it's likely the DRM. FarSight needs something like Steam or Origin that has DRM tools so that they can make sure the license/royalties are properly accounted for and that there aren't a bunch of pirated copies of TPA running around, which could become a serious legal issue with all the licensing FarSight has secured.

So in that same vein, I don't think FarSight could just give PC backers a standalone TZ table, unless they went through the effort of implementing a DRM scheme themselves (which is very hard to do effectively in a way that is not overly invasive of customer's machines).

This is absolutely right. Our licensors require us to have a method of securing DRM on any PC release we have. This is why we need Steam or Origin, something of that nature. Until a better solution becomes available, we are stuck trying to get through the Greenlight process.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This is absolutely right. Our licensors require us to have a method of securing DRM on any PC release we have. This is why we need Steam or Origin, something of that nature. Until a better solution becomes available, we are stuck trying to get through the Greenlight process.

Have you tried to get on Origin then?

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
Well that sucks. So i could be waiting another 6 months or more to get my kickstarter reward. Ill think twice next time before donating.

It really a load of crap to offer rewards that arent going to be available.

If anything they should offer the beta to people who donated and chose the pc for their reward.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Well that sucks. So i could be waiting another 6 months or more to get my kickstarter reward. Ill think twice next time before donating.

It really a load of crap to offer rewards that arent going to be available.

If anything they should offer the beta to people who donated and chose the pc for their reward.

i cant wait for the pc version but as stated to stick agreements they require drm

drm is abiut as much use as a peanut butter covered kiwi(with skin) but it seems to be a lgeal thing **** happens man.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Have you tried to get on Origin then?

Good on you for asking! I don't know much about that service BTW but I'm about the check it out. As of 8:06 AM CST-there's still nothing on Steam's site and nothing newsworthy here. I'm currently saving for a WiiU-I'm beginning to think that may be the best way to go with PA. I still by the tables on my iPhone just to support it-just can't play for any extended period of time with that version due to the tiny screen and uncomfortable controls IMHO.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
iPad mini is very nice to play on. I would hold off on the wii U until TPA is out and you hear how it plays.

Yep, I was gonna second that. Who knows what might happen with the Wii U, other than that they ARE working on it. Pretty much the safest bet is to go with an iOS device or Android, and if you can handle a delay of a month or so, the PS3.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I don't understand why it is so hard to find a distributor. Its not going to make a huge amount of money for a distributor but on the other hand it seems like a turn key distribution.

Maybe the problem is finding a publisher willing to put their name on it with all the bugs and issues it has?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Maybe the problem is finding a publisher willing to put their name on it with all the bugs and issues it has?
With notably rare exceptions (such as the Frankenstein jackpot bug), the 360 version has been mostly error-free. At any rate, it's had the least issues of all the platforms so far. Being the development platform has its advantages; chief among them that there is no porting and conversion process to introduce further bugs.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Well said.

Also, if not for the publisher issues, it would be even less buggy since the tables would've been patched several more times by now.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Ah, my mistake. For some reason I thought you meant they were looking for a PC publisher. It's good to know that the 360 version runs well.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts