Is it possible to change the button mapping on an iCade Mobile ?

Ton

Dec 10, 2013
After installing TPA on my iPhone 4S (with iOS7) yesterday and purchasing a few table packs as well, I also bought the iCade Mobile. I could find the option in the menu to enable it for the iPhone/iPod, it also was recognized as a Bluetooth device on the iPhone and I can play TPA with it. Being relatively new to pinball, i think that it is easier to play on such a small device as an iPhone.
However I wonder if it is or should be possible to map the buttons. The left and right flippers are now on the upper trigger buttons (the shiny chrome ones) but I think it would me much easier for me if I could use the lower (dark grey) buttons. I also noticed that the D-pad can only be used for nudging and not for navigating the menu and that only 2 of the 4 buttons on the right side can be used.
So, is it possible to change the buttons and if so how can I do that ? Or is everything fixed and not configurable ?

And one more question but not related to the iCade: Yesterday I saw an option in the table menus to change button position in 5% increments. I also saw a launch button changing position on the screen then. I wondered what that was, because the separate launch button didn't do anything. However this morning this option had suddenly disappeared. Why did I had it yesterday ? Did I do something wrong then ?

Thanks in advance.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
There's no way to change the iCade buttons right now. It's been mentioned as a future addition.

Ton

Dec 10, 2013
Thanks for your reply.
Although it is not so important anymore because it isn't there anymore, do you also have an answer to my 2nd question about the "button positioning" ?

Last edited:

Ton

Dec 10, 2013
Found it already, accidentally, on another forum:
"- New option "Button Position." Users can now adjust the vertical position of special buttons on the screen. Note: this option only appears on tables with special buttons."

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts