Is there an actual pinball controller for sale?

Raoul

Sep 30, 2016
Do we have a resident geek/tech who can build one here and be compensated for his efforts?

Thank you in advance.

Flippy

Jun 8, 2014
Do we have a resident geek/tech who can build one here and be compensated for his efforts?

Thank you in advance.

Not sure if this would be helpful but I have a X-Arcade Dual -- it's about the width of a table with flipper buttons on each side. You can't nudge it but it's easy enough to map the far left & right console buttons to do so. And you can make the joystick pull back for plunger. Is it perfect? Nah, but set up in front of a 27" Mac, it's close enough for me.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Not sure if this would be helpful but I have a X-Arcade Dual -- it's about the width of a table with flipper buttons on each side. You can't nudge it but it's easy enough to map the far left & right console buttons to do so. And you can make the joystick pull back for plunger. Is it perfect? Nah, but set up in front of a 27" Mac, it's close enough for me.

+1 for X-Arcade. I have the Tankstick which has dual pinball buttons on each side, so you can use the 2nd button for nudging.

Raoul

Sep 30, 2016

+1 for X-Arcade. I have the Tankstick which has dual pinball buttons on each side, so you can use the 2nd button for nudging.

Fair enough does it work with ps3. Not sure why the buttons are not assignable in the PA Menu as all my triggers on my ps3 controllers are all worn out:(

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Fair enough does it work with ps3. Not sure why the buttons are not assignable in the PA Menu as all my triggers on my ps3 controllers are all worn out:(

I think so, but have only used it on PC so not sure. The only problem I can foresee is configuring the buttons, which might not be possible on consoles. The defaults almost certainly aren't optimized for pinball (most people buy them for fighting games).

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
If you have a little patience you can take a USB arcade stick and dremmel in side-buttons. Just wire them to the L/R switches and you're good to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.