It's Fish Tales!!!!! (and Season 3 discussion)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Quite a few FS posts recently have mentioned reduction in staff allocation at FS towards TPA, in favour of other projects.
We should be grateful for 1 a month going forwards.

I'm hoping this lasts as long as it can personally! (+BK rom emu'd & pro packed).

Good post, Baron. Pinball can only make them a certain amount of money. I'm sure they would love for TPA to be their only project, but it can't.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
really pleased to see Fishtales coming to TPA. Not worried about only 1 table either. Will definitely be purchasing this on Steam and maybe Android too.

bottom line.............. you can never please everyone.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Tons of people have been clammoring for them to slow down, fix bugs, add muliplayer, a new UI, etc. etc. in many other threads ever since TPA was first released.

If this is the reason for releasing just one table, I am perfectly happy. I have 41 tables in TPA to choose from, plus Pinball FX 2 with another 32 tables. And if they fix things like the Harley Davidson's Multiplayball count issue, it would be almost like getting a new table - because this is a gamebreaking issue.

I've never played Fish Tales, is it any good?

Last edited:

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Say what you want, but those pics look beautiful. If this is the standard we'll be seeing then S3 is going to be great.

I just hope that S3 pack is half the price of S2 though or we're going to end up with some very angry gamers :/

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Well it was a nice ride. I am glad I got Flight 2000. I am glad we will get Fish Tales too. But if it is only one table per pack going forward they better plan on releasing the best titles only from here on out or they are done with. One "bad" table decision is going to really cost them sales. I will be holding off on season 3 now until we find out what will be in it. Now that it has been cut in half will season 3 be $20?

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Only having one table in the beginning of season 3 doesn't necessarily mean that

- all table "packs" in this season are just single tables
- season 3 gets less tables than S1 or S2

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Why CAN'T they?

Face it folks, we've been spoiled with two tables. To expect them to keep up that pace and still be able to fix bugs and add new features just isn't realistic. Tons of people have been clammoring for them to slow down, fix bugs, add muliplayer, a new UI, etc. etc. in many other threads ever since TPA was first released. Plus, they might not be making enough profit to keep up that workload, especially since the PHOF re-releases are dried up.

I'm ok with one a month as long as the quality improves without jacking up the price. It would kill me to see them run the game into the ground with this decision.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I have no problem paying the same price for one table, after all the 2-table packs were a steal! If the price goes up or the quality goes down I will be annoyed, but I'm remaining positive. :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The bottom line is...FarSight has to make decisions to keep the studio afloat and if many of you are not willing to support them in these decisions, then it will be the consumer, not FarSight, who ends this ride...and don't expect another development studio to just come along and pick up the pieces cause no one wants to go through what FarSight has to just to license these classic tables.

Food for thought.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
This is awesome thanks Farsight. Personally would much have one brilliant table then a couple of mediocre ones like last month. May also get some updates on older tables, and I guess that means the licence deal for Williams tables is in the bag.

BigWeather

Jul 1, 2013
Hopefully FS will let us know how many tables will be in the season when they reveal the pricing. I'll admit I'll miss the two packs if they're going that way, I'd love a EM or SS to balance out the DMDs. Hopefully they'll spend the extra resources on bugs and UI and not divert it to other projects. =/

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
This ridiculously popular table will sell well. If they plan to stay at the same price point then this was a wise choice for a guinea pig table. The Williams poll was pretty clear.

I find it has neither a deep ruleset nor is it a classic. It's quite fun, but gets old pretty quick. I honestly think the fact that the ruleset isn't imposing is one of the primary reasons for Fish Tales popularity.

Last edited:

westofrome

Jan 29, 2013
For what it's worth, their announcement doesn't refer to FT as "Table Pack 21" - and they've used that phrasing in all other announcements, even single table ones like T2. There may be more info coming.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
The bottom line is...FarSight has to make decisions to keep the studio afloat and if many of you are not willing to support them in these decisions, then it will be the consumer, not FarSight, who ends this ride...and don't expect another development studio to just come along and pick up the pieces cause no one wants to go through what FarSight has to just to license these classic tables.

Food for thought.

If the decision is a good one, like a minimal increase in price bad a noticeable increase in quality, that's excellent and I will continue throwing money at farsight. If something like doubling the price and stagnant quality happens, then they can go screw.

Only time will tell.

StrakaC

Oct 29, 2012
I am all for Farsight going 1 table a month if we get tables like: The Shadow, Road Show, Xenon, Dracula and Diner. I'm one of the multi-platform guys who will be getting it iOS, Android and Steam!!!! Keep up the great work FS!

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
We will probably get some double packs. There have been a lot of requests for Sorcerer lately, and if they renewed their Williams license, we will probably see it. And I don't think they would sell a rerelease on its own.

Maybe their strategy is to get us thinking, "holy sh*t!!! Two tables!!! I don't care if one is Strikes N Spares. We are getting a two table pack again" instead of getting complaints that they released Strikes N Spares.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I am all for Farsight going 1 table a month if we get tables like: The Shadow, Road Show, Xenon, Dracula and Diner. I'm one of the multi-platform guys who will be getting it iOS, Android and Steam!!!! Keep up the great work FS!

If it is tables like that each month. No problem. So do we get to see SeaWitch or EBD ever? Probably not with only single table releases. Old tables would suffer.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.