It's so easy to inadvertently go from crappy play to outstanding and back again...

WilliamPorygon

Apr 21, 2012
...but that's what I love about Pinball.

Currently in the middle of a game of Whitewater:

Ball one, missed No Way Out, ricocheted off a lock target, screamed SDTM.
Ball two, lost control fairly quickly, fumbled the ball trying to slow it down. :mad:
Ball three, collected EBs for replay, boulder award, and disaster drops; completed the Vacation Planner; kept a Whirlpool Challenge going long enough to max out the value; drained with over 2 billion. :D
EB one, okay for about one minute before losing control on a failed shot at the boulder garden that ended up down the left outlane. :rolleyes:

Anybody else been playing like this lately?

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
Quite often. In fact, likely 4 out of every 5 games are over for me within 5-7 minutes. I need a few plays to get the feel back often. :p I think ,though, that also knowing I have unlimited free play has a psychological effect on me. Without dropping a quarter in, I don't feel the same tension and focus I would normally try to give to an actual table- but the fact that I mostly suck and often rely on luck and occasionally getting into 'the zone' 20 % of the time has a lot to do with it as well . ;) Never pulled off that kind of ball on Whitewater , though . 400 million , I think. Well done!

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
At my last league night my performance was: last (Dirty Harry), first (Black Pyramid), first (Fireball II), last (Medieval Madness). MM was particularly galling: a game I know very well, and I just totally choked. Fumbled the first two balls instantly, and barely got anything going on the 3rd. Absolutely disgraceful. At least I had the two first place finishes to comfort me!

The good news is no matter how bad you do, you're playing pinball!

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
Agreed, I just went over to my friends house to play his arabian night table and just played AWFUL. Kept fumbling the ball and passing it right to the outlane, friend thought I was going to break his machine attempting death saves with front slams...

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
I've found it helps my "flow" if I play with the 4 players option on and just take all the turns. None of that having to stop constantly and reload up the table if I drain three balls quickly.

Also on tables like Taxi it inadvertently gives an advantage sometimes, since the jackpot on that one builds from player to player, so if you can score it on one of the games that already has a high score after it builds for a while...

I'm similar on White Water with bad games, I often have a couple of games in a row at <100,000,000 before I manage to break barrier consistently. It doesn't help if I've been playing other tables for a while. I think you are better than me on a bad day though since my top score is only around 800,000,000+ on White Water currently.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
happens all the time. i'll jump from table to table have a few crappy games all of a sudden ill hit a table get a couple good balls and hit the local high score. I would use the 4 player option but the camera settings don't lock in right. i run cam 4 and when it switches to 2,3 and 4th players the cam setting jumps to setting 1 .

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
I would use the 4 player option but the camera settings don't lock in right. i run cam 4 and when it switches to 2,3 and 4th players the cam setting jumps to setting 1 .

AFAIK, each player gets their own camera setting. The table menu option appears to only set it for player one.

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
Yeah, that is one downside. I have to hurry up and adjust the camera angle on the first ball of each player as I start with them.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Yeah, that is one downside. I have to hurry up and adjust the camera angle on the first ball of each player as I start with them.
and when you leave the table and return this must be rinsed and repeated for players 2-4 it does not save them like the player 1 is saved.

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
True, but after playing 4 players worth of Taxi a few times in a row I'm usually bored with it for the day anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.