Jack*Bot coming in season 4?

GibGirl

Feb 4, 2015
Seen on the Pinball Arcade twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/PinballArcade/status/575022513039654912

The Pinball Arcade ‏@PinballArcade Mar 9
Thanks to everyone who entered! We're gonna be doing more Twitter giveaways for new releases if you guys like em, so stay tuned!

El Schneid ‏@tree_turty_tree Mar 9
@PinballArcade Just as long as you release Jack*bot...

The Pinball Arcade
‏@PinballArcade
@tree_turty_tree Stay tuned.... :)

Sounds like a big hint to me. If that's true, then there's only one game for season 4 that's still unknown, since we have Getaway and Xenon coming.

Perhaps they'll surprise us at the end with Fireball?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It will come at some point. Farsight are running out of DMDs, so we've got to the point that anything unlicensed is guaranteed to appear soon.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
It will come at some point. Farsight are running out of DMDs, so we've got to the point that anything unlicensed is guaranteed to appear soon.

Maybe we'll even see Hurricane in S5.... they've started on the trilogy now, so why stop at just Cyclone?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Uh, it's kind of too late for them to skip Cyclone. It's the next table release, as confirmed by Steam achievements. Scroll to the bottom.

Maybe they meant comet. I could see that being skipped. I think hurricane and safecracker are about locks for season 5. Maybe pinball circus comes since it does have a dmd and it has been hinted at. Any dmd's they can get without a license are pretty solid bets for sure.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012

Just for fun,I looked at Pinside's latest Top 300 list. Not counting any Alvin G or Capcom tables,quick and dirty - here is what's left of any non-licensed DMD tables:

Road Show
Safecracker
Jack Bot
Pinball Circus
Hurricane
Sharkey's Shootout
Checkpoint
Wipe Out
The Getaway:High Speed 2

That's not a lot of tables.

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Just for fun,I looked at Pinside's latest Top 300 list. Not counting any Alvin G or Capcom tables,quick and dirty - here is what's left of any non-licensed tables:

Road Show
Safecracker
Jack Bot
Pinball Circus
Hurricane
Sharkey's Shootout
Checkpoint
Wipe Out

That'd be a good season. Just add Paragon.

SickBoy

Mar 19, 2015
Just for fun,I looked at Pinside's latest Top 300 list. Not counting any Alvin G or Capcom tables,quick and dirty - here is what's left of any non-licensed tables:

Road Show
Safecracker
Jack Bot
Pinball Circus
Hurricane
Sharkey's Shootout
Checkpoint
Wipe Out

I'd buy that season in a heartbeat. Of course I'm guaranteed to buy every season they come out with (the more pins the better). Still, I'd love to see the *Bot series completed at some point.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
This is really random, but do you guys know why Big Buck Hunter Pro is rarely talked about in here? Unlicensed dmd, and it's not TOO bad. There's one near me and it's kinda cool with the moving buck. But does it have something to do with S.A.M., or is it just that everyone thinks it sucks? If anything it would at least be a different theme that might attract new customers.

Edit: looks like I answered my own question, haha. Looks like the MPU would be too much (at this point). Still curious if anyone even wants it though

Last edited:

SickBoy

Mar 19, 2015
This is really random, but do you guys know why Big Buck Hunter Pro is rarely talked about in here? Unlicensed dmd, and it's not TOO bad. There's one near me and it's kinda cool with the moving buck. But does it have something to do with S.A.M., or is it just that everyone thinks it sucks? If anything it would at least be a different theme that might attract new customers.

Edit: looks like I answered my own question, haha. Looks like the MPU would be too much (at this point). Still curious if anyone even wants it though

I'm always interested in new pins on the digital market, but ultimately I think this question (self-answered or not) isn't really relevant to the topic. It'd definitely be worth asking in its own thread though, as the questions you pose are ones I'd love answers to. I'm no real-life hunter, but I love hunting sims and pins related to it. More pins the better!

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Yeah. Same here. didnt think about the fact that it deserves its own thread. Maybe I'll get around to it. Right, we kinda got off track with the unlicensed dmds running out

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I thought that had the Cabala name licensed and also maybe it is based off an arcade game? That would also be a license.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I thought that had the Cabala name licensed and also maybe it is based off an arcade game? That would also be a license.

There is indeed an arcade game with the same name. Looks very much like a generic first-person lightgun game. Nearest one I know of is perfectly located in an arcade right next to the exit of the local Bass Pro shop. Not that I've ever seen anyone playing it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts